“Food and Atmosphere Were First Rate”
Review of Pot au Feu

Pot au Feu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot au Feu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 828 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bistro atmosphere was in perfect harmony with menu that was "fine" but not too delicate. The server was knowledgeable as to history of restaurant

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were walking around down city and found Pot Au Fri by accident. Normally, we don't go for French because we don't like our food smothered with sauses.

The restataunt is located downstairs in 175 yo building in its original location. The decor is very French and romantic.

The food was an equal surprise, super fresh and flavorful and nothing is covered up with sauses. We are so sorry we didn't discover it sooner.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I got the pot au feu special (French Sunday dinner). Everything was just ok and a little bland. It reminded me of corned beef and cabbage from the crock pot (although they use beef). All in all for the price I just found it ok. Atmosphere and service was fine but probably would not go back

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant in the past, and the food has been good, but quite expensive. Nevertheless, we made reservations for our wedding anniversary, August 26th, which happened to fall on a Sunday night. When we arrived at the restaurant at the appointed time, we were stunned to find that it was CLOSED on Sunday nights at that time of year. We were then forced to take our overdressed selves to find another restaurant in the area, without the benefit of prior reservations. Thanks very much, Pot Au Feu, for a completely ruined celebration!

But the story gets even more amazing. When I called to complain about this utter fiasco the next day, I spoke to the owner, and told him the story. I said that, if they put us down for another night, they have better look into it, because we wouldn't be there. He responded by expressing surprise that his staff would do this and promised with feigned sincerity to look into the matter and to "make this right." Guess what? The jerk never called back. What a complete coward!

In all honesty, my wife had already said that she would never go back no matter what the response, but I felt that I would at least listen to the explanation. Well, they've lost me too now. Absolutely amazing.

So, if you are thinking about a celebration, try somewhere else. Heck, ANYWHERE else. Even McDonalds would at least be open when you arrive.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I dined last night and had the Lamb shank and duck. Both were good, not great/
The wine was very good and the foie graf was great/ The lamb shank was a huge portion, but not very flavorful .The duck was good but a little dry. Reluctant to return.