“Wonderful place for a special dinner”
Review of Mill's Tavern

Mill's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 800 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful place for a special dinner”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I went to Mill's Tavern with my family for my college graduation dinner (my third time at the restaurant). It was the perfect place for a nice, celebratory dinner. The service was outstanding: we had originally reserved 2 tables to hold 12 people total, but the hostess surprised us by arranging one big table for us. As a result, it was a bit of a wait, but we were informed and it was well worth it. The waiters are truly outstanding- extremely professional and knowledgeable, yet very friendly and not stuffy. As for the food, I'm a huge fan of the menu. It's all well portioned and perfectly cooked. I'm partial to the filet mignon and the molten chocolate cake. But I'll try just about anything, it's always been delicious! Prompt and courteous staff, and they remember the old-fashioned rules of good waitstaff (like waiting until everyone has finished before clearing any plates). Perfect place for a special occasion meal!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank gkincaid

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Pricey but good food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a good meal here. Curried lobster risotto to start which was fanulous. Rack of lamb which was good and braised short ribs which were good but lacked a bit of flavor. Good wine. pricey enough that it won't be a regular spot (it was our anniversary).

Mild pretentious attitude from staff but nothing egregious.

Nice atmosphere, you could dress up or down, I saw both.

NYC
“Great place for parents to take a Brown student when they visit.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Love the complimentary valet parking. A nice way to start off the meal. Very prompt service.

The bread with annise or fennel was delicious.

The melon appetizer was very unexpected and yummy. The pork with grilled peaches was the hugest pork chop I have ever seen. The caramelized peaches were wonderful and the pork chop was cooked perfectly. The person I was with really enjoyed the lobster risotto.

The service was a bit slow but it was a terrific meal. I look forward to eating here again.

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Food in Downtown Providence”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had a business dinner at Mills Tavern and loved it. My client who lives right around the corner from restaurant suggested it for our dinner meeting. We had a glass of wine at the bar before sitting down. The wine list is solid. The bar is very spacious and substantial. A great place for a visit. I started with 1/2 dozen Oysters which were wonderful. For dinner I had the U 10 Scallops which were prepared perfectly. We enjoyed the complimentary desert wine as well, with the Warm Chocolate Cake.

• Visited August 2012
Cape Cod, MA
“CLASS ACT on NORTH MAIN”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We dined at Mill's Tavern last night before seeing Jersey Boys at PPAC. We arrived early, were seated promptly in a choice seat and, within five minutes, were set up with bread (the anise bread was delicious) and a cocktail. Our server, James (admittedly two weeks new) was a very affable fellow and brought us our cocktails promptly. We ordered the oysters and shrimp which was nicely displayed and served center of table. Our drinks were a great accompaniment. For entrees, (there were four of us), two ordered the short rib (wonderfully tender and flavorful, served with an incredible reduction, topped with a chunk of lobster in mascarpone cheese pastry); one ordered the pork chop served with beautifully sauteed kale and rhubarb jam; another ordered the duck with red lentils (the rabbit dish arrived luke warm), We ordered two bottles of the Valpolicella (@ $42 each). Service was deft, seamless and friendly, we enjoyed our server. The ambiance was very nice, people were nicely dressed (no jeans or shorts), the decor was simply elegant with excellent lighting, open kitchen and the front-facing windows were truly spotless, allowing interesting people-watching of passersby. The complimentary valet parking made arrival and departure convenient and speedy. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and would return!

• Visited August 2012