“Excellent service, well-prepared, tasty food”
Review of Capriccio

Capriccio
Reserve with OpenTable
Capriccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 819 Restaurants in Providence
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Dyer Street
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were impressed by this Italian restaurant and the staff. It was overwhelming at first to be whisked inside by multiple men dressed in formal wear, but soon we felt at comfortable as the drinks were poured and napkin was laid in your lap. The menu is good, the wine selection is daunting. The food is very good with many menu options, however don't expect to get out of there spending less than $125 (not including the tip) per couple, but this is understandable because of the level of service.

1  Thank brownejc

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I haven't been on tripadvisor since 2006. I live in the awesome city of Providence that has many culinary delights to offer. Cappriccio is medocre at best. For a "high end" restaurant the service was terrible. The food was mediocre, and you can spend you're money much better elsewhere, namely PANE E VINO. The waiter seemed like it may have been his first night which is forgivable, if he was coached. Frog legs are on the menu, but he said he didn't know frog legs unless chicken come before it. I am not dining at Chilis! We spent 313.00. The whole experiience was a black mark on not only Providence but dining as a whole.

3  Thank aly16
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Best overall menu in Providence. Superb preparations and elegant surroundings. Prices are high but fair and quality is high.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stumbled across this very nice restaurant after wandering around Providence in the rain. As soon as I saw the tuxedoed staff, I knew we were quite underdressed for the occasion. Luckily they were slow and escorted our party to a nice table. I loved the restaurant's basement location, high-back chairs and romantic atmosphere. Our server was very likeable and knowledgeable. She did a fantastic job explaining the menu and helping us make the most of our experience. My dinner (a lobster & pasta dish) was very good but not great. Several in our group had the Steak Diane, which was prepared tableside, and were raving about it. My favorite part of the meal was dessert - brown butter cinnamon gelato. Delish! This would be a perfect place to go with that special someone.

1  Thank PuffinEllis
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday on Saturday. the food was delicious (i had the scallops she had the stuffed tortellini which were both REALLY good, well presented and well proportioned). The wine was TO DIE for! the place was a little louder than what i expected but it was very romantic and cozy (girlfriend LOVED IT) the only thing that kept the restaurant from earning 5 stars is the fact that my waiter made me feel like i was being rush (i didn't even get his name!) everything happened so quick, don't get me wrong, all his suggestions were amazing (Mozzarella balls were really good) but just felt like his phase was a little bit too quick . other than that HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE! :). will definitely be coming back.

2  Thank Octavio G