“Very Good Pizza, Cool Atmosphere”
Review of Timmy's Legendary Grilled Pizza - CLOSED

Timmy's Legendary Grilled Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The place is small - a "dive" kind of place which usually means good food and it didn't disappoint. The pizza we had was thin crust and good. My friend, who considers himself a pizza freak, loved every bite. Others ordered a salad and loved it - 1 was big enough for 2 people to share. The place had a cool bar/dive feel to it - A good place to be.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The first time we tried to eat here, we couldn't get the staff to acknowledge us, let alone sit down to eat. Apparently it was too busy for them to greet new customers. We left after standing there for 20 minutes trying to make eye contact. This was summer of 2012.
I have a friend who works in Federal Hill and she suggested we give them another try. So we did, and it was a totally different experience. The waitress was friendly, and we were greeted and seated in a very reasonable amount of time. I had a pizza with wild mushrooms and it was delicious. The place was busy but the food didn't take too long to come to the table. I would definitely come back again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I returned to Rhode Island for a few days in November 2013, and we wanted to dine at some good seafood restaurants as well as pizzerias. We planned a drive to Federal Hill to shop and to have some pizza. Now, our usual stop for pizza would usually be Caserta's Pizzeria also on Spruce Street. As I read reviews on the Internet, I noticed that Bob and Timmy's Grilled Pizza had some good reviews. We decided to give it a try. We entered this pizzeria just as the lunch crowd was beginning to leave - about 1:00 PM. We were promptly seated and the waitress/bar maid took our order. We ordered the arugula salad with shaved parmigiano cheese with the house vinaigrette dressing. The salad was huge - enough for the two of us. The dressing was more like pudding - tasty, but too thick to adequately cover the salad. Our main course was the Margarita Pizza with prosciutto ham. The pizza came out nice and hot, but it was loaded with mozzarella cheese and prosciutto ham that was sliced too thickly. Now, apparently this pizzeria believes that more toppings on the pizza makes it better. Not so in this case. The cheese was barely cooked and the heaps of toppings in addition to the sliced tomato on the pizza made it difficult for the pizza dough to be adequately baked. Thus, the whole pizza was a taste disappointment. I had read a review similar to mine; however, I dismissed it as - well - just one review among many. I am Italian, and my wife and I have traveled throughout Italy finding many outstanding restaurants there. We have also dined in Providence and Boston's North End when we lived in Rhode Island some years ago. Again many restaurants in these two cities with phenomenal Italian food. Sadly, Bob and Timmy's is not one of those restaurants.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The a pizza expert this was a must visit place for me when we visited Providence. I we weren't disappointed!!!! We were seated straight away on arrived without a booking and ordered the special with feta cheese and one with all the meats you can imagine, both with the grilled base. They also supplied hot sauce on request. We both left feeling very happy with our choice it was the best pizza we had ever eaten AND we got to take some home with us!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great Pizza! No wonder it has won awards and been featured so often. We had a very friendly server. It is important to know the salads are very large! Easily enough for two. You may want to consider sharing so you have room for the delicious pizza.