“A good burger”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: College Hill
Description: Café Paragon in Providence was first to open it’s doors in 1994. We started serving our valued guests in a friendly European Bistro/Café style atmosphere with a comfortable 32 seats, full bar, and a limited menu. In 1997 we expanded to create Viva offering a more sophisticated dining experience including Mediterranean Mezes, specialized martinis, and extended bar selections in our comfortable lounge. On weekend nights the restaurant transforms with club music. Over the years we have won several awards in RI Monthly and the Providence Pheonix, among them for Best Burgers, Best Salad and Best Octopus and in addition we have been written up in several publications such as Yankee Magazine Travel, Providence Journal, and Vanity Fair.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Food was always good, although tables are pretty close together. In the warm months, they set up tables and you can sit outside, and watch the pedestrian (and car) traffic on Thayer Street. At night they have tapas and an interesting decor.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stopped for a quick bite mid afternoon and was satisfied with the portions and cleanliness, but the place itself and the service were nothing out of the ordinary. Servers, included the girl at the bar, appeared to be either sad, unhappy to be there, or both. My server was in a great mood but you could tell she was not very pleased either. That is a big no in my book. Appetizers were good but I agree with a previous reviewer, they were something you could get at any chain restaurant. For the price I would suggest other options, as there are several small restaurants in the area.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had lunch here and the food was fine, although there is nothing to distinguish this place from just about any other middle of the road restaurant/bar. The atmosphere wasn't great, no better than a chain restaurant. They had some cheesy giant drink deal (must be shared by 2, they warn) but that felt like a very TGIFridayish kind of trick to manufacture something unique that would give this place some personality. If I were back in the neighborhood, I would probably give one of the other local places a try, but if you end up here you will probably be okay and get some decent food.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Unfortunately our experience was extremely disappointing! My family of 4 had reservations for 1:00 p.m., and had to wait for 20 mins. for our table, which was understandable as it was Easter Sunday. When we did get our table our waiter did not even greet us properly except to ask if we wanted something to drink. No Happy Easter, how are you today, and no explanation as to the buffet. The restaurant was extremely crowded, and the staff was totally unprepared for the crowd. We stood in the buffet line for 20 mins. The trays were in many cases, empty, or hot items were cold. The lobster bisque was not even edible.
We had traveled to RI to be with our children for Easter, and this was really a total disappointment for all. I would never recommend this restaurant for brunch. Hopefully their menu items are an improvement, but then again, they would have to be!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant many times. The menu is vast. one can order steaks,chichken,pasta,seafood,burgers and more.I like all the food i've had including the steaks, seafood, appertises and the burgers. I have a preference for the French Burger. The portions are of very good size and quality. The desserts are okay but not made in house. I generally pass on the desserts but i love the food and the excellent service. There are a lot of choice of places to eat in the area. The Cafe Paragon is a very good one.

Been to Cafe Paragon? Share your experiences!