“nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: College Hill
Description: Café Paragon in Providence was first to open it’s doors in 1994. We started serving our valued guests in a friendly European Bistro/Café style atmosphere with a comfortable 32 seats, full bar, and a limited menu. In 1997 we expanded to create Viva offering a more sophisticated dining experience including Mediterranean Mezes, specialized martinis, and extended bar selections in our comfortable lounge. On weekend nights the restaurant transforms with club music. Over the years we have won several awards in RI Monthly and the Providence Pheonix, among them for Best Burgers, Best Salad and Best Octopus and in addition we have been written up in several publications such as Yankee Magazine Travel, Providence Journal, and Vanity Fair.
usa
“nice atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

decent food, nice atmosphere. young crowd. great drinks. hip place to hang around. after 11pm turns into a night club

Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Just Ok.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had lunch at Cafe Paragon while visiting Brown for Parents' Weekend. We'd considered eating here before but it was always too crowded. We figured they must have great food so we stopped in for a late lunch while the place was quiet.

My husband and son had burgers, and both said the burgers were ok. I had a prosciutto panini and it too was ok. I paid a dollar extra for the sweet potato fries instead of regular fries. They were served hot and tasted fine, but they were nothing special, definitely not home made.

The prices are reasonable and the food is basic diner food.

2 Thank Eileen G
Acton, Massachusetts
“good sandwich”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. Ordered a hummous and falafal wrap. Service was pleasant and the wrap was really good and fresh and delivered promptly. Huge portion so took half home for lunch the next day.

2 Thank MikeBirdman
Great Falls
“Terrible service! I'll never, ever, go to this place again.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

BAD SERVICE and RUDE WAITRESS!!!

The food was not bad. The wait staffs and bartender were too busy to have their conversations with loud voices like they are having their own party or something. Very inattentive. I was with my family and did not want to ruin the night making complaints. The manager himself didn't seem to care anyway...

Unhappy with the service but finally finished the dinner. The check had more items than we ordered (3 beers while we had only 2). When I pointed out the error and demanded the correction, the waitress didn't bother to apologize the error and even treated me and my family like a bunch of liars. She reluctantly corrected the error in the end. Practically speaking, when you have a hundred bucks dinner with your family members, would you lie to have a '$4 drink' free in front of your young daughter in college? What kind of parents would do that? Ridiculous accusation.

I still feel so bad for their bad service and treatment even after few days. After reading other reviews below, I find that this kind of billing error and ridiculous response was not the only one occasion.

I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, NEVER!

9 Thank H L
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Decent food on Thayer”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Although it appears a standard institutional restaurant on the outside, with a good central Thayer location, I thought the food was better than average and service was solid. An Admissions person at Brown had recommended it, and I was glad afterward.

Visited September 2012