“Excellent Tour and the best way to experience Federal Hill!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savoring Rhode Island

Savoring Rhode Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on our signature food tour, Savoring Federal Hill. Rhode Island's Italian Neighborhood. Learn the history! Meet the chefs! Savor the samples! Get exclusive behind the scenes tours! Enjoy a little wine! Become a paisano of Federal Hill!
New York, NY
“Excellent Tour and the best way to experience Federal Hill!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Cindy is an awesome tour guide and this tour is the best way to experience Federal Hill. Not only was all the food that I sampled delicious, but Cindy is knowledgeable about the history of the neighborhood.
The tour included sampling olive oil, proscuitto, some goodies from scialo brothers, and wine from gasbarro's wine. I now know how to buy the best balsamic, olive oil and pasta.
I traveled from NYC with my boyfriend and we both totally loved the tour. We recommend it to anyone!!

Visited May 2012

Winchester, MA
“Savoring Federal Hill with Cindy Salvato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

On a cold March Saturday morning 5 of us traveled from Winchester, MA to Providence, RI to partake in a tour presented by Cindy Salvato - "Savoring Federal Hill". What a wonderful experience this was for all of us. Cindy warmed us up with a beautiful smile and a wonderful hello then some hot coffee. she explained what was going to take place as we proceeded to tour through the area known as Federal Hill. Each place we went into was a special experience - Cindy was very clear and well versed as to the area and individual spots were were visiting. Each place we visited had such glowing words about Cindy and the tour she does....and they were right. For the 3 hours we were under her wing she smiled, chatted, filled our heads with information and then of course filled us with the foods of the area. It was one of the best little side trips I have ever taken. Thank you Cindy for being such a wonderful tour guide and showing us the people and the foods of Federal Hill in Providence, RI...it was a class act.

Taunton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Savoring Federal Hill Easter Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We took the Savoring Federal Hill Easter tour with Cindy last weekend. What an outstanding event! From sampling wines, olive oil and prosciutto to a back-room tour of Scialo's bakery, this is an event not to be missed. Tour guide Cindy peppered the walking tour with bits of Federal Hill history. Simply amazing!

New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Christmas Gift”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our friends gave us this tour as a gift. What a great day we had. Cindy Salvato was a wonderful guide, who made the three hours fly. We were treated to a little bit of history of the area and the shops. Cindy has a great working relationship with the owners of the different shops we visited, they made us all feel like we were old friends visiting. We sampled proscuitto, cheese, bread, pastries, and wine. I would recommend this tour to all. Can't wait to go back to Federal Hill to revisit these shops.

East Haddam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“March 16th with Cindy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

OMG, this was the best day touring Federal Hill with Cindy Salvato. This is a must for Foodies whether you like to cook or just eat. 3 hours with the such a knowledgable chef who speaks of food passionately and peppers in some Federal Hill History to boot. I learned so much. Each stop along the way we were treated to great food to sample even sometimes getting into the back of a business and speaking with the owner. I cannot say enough about Cindy Salvato.....This is a must if you are visiting or a day's drive to Federal Hill. A++
I'm coming back!

www/savoringRhodeIsland.com 401-934-2149 Well worth it! Now I can go back to Federal Hill myself anytime, and I know where to go for the stuff!

1 Thank Jan1215