“Incredible Theater”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible Theater”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After attending 4 different shows at Providence Performing Arts Center, it is safe to say that the theater is the most beautiful I have ever seen. I have been to shows on Broadway before and PPAC's interior design blows those theaters out of the water! With intricate detail put into everything from the wall and ceiling art to the velvet seats of the chairs. The theater is gorgeous no matter what way you put and it only adds to the experience when you attend to see an incredible show. The staff and ushers are very courteous and helpful when it comes to assisting all audience members in finding their seats at the beginning of the show and after intermissions.

Tickets are always easy to obtain whether online and PPAC's website or at the box office during the weekdays. Prices may vary but the best part about PPAC is that ticket prices are very reasonable, the Broadway Series tickets are always substantially cheaper than tickets for the shows when they are on Broadway.

The theater is huge and its appearance from outside does not do the inside justice. Immediately upon entering the theater the ceiling is amazingly high and has a gorgeous chandelier hanging from it as well.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank atwong23

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful old center”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was very impressed by how nice the performing center was inside, high class, old but maintained in perfect condition. We saw the Nutcracker and really enjoyed it. Our 4 1/2 year old daughter absolutely loved the show and stayed fully focused for the entire performance. Great place!

1 Thank TravelLover77_5
Ipswich, Massachusetts
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful Interior”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Featured show was Man of LaMancha. A wonderful and relatively inexpensive matinee offered in a comfortable and nicely renovated theatre. Located in downtown Providence and convenient access.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank srh7009
Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Night at PPAC”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I attended Phantom Of The Opera in early December. The venue resembles the ornate & overwhelming movie theaters that I remember in my early years. The atmosphere was especially perfect for this particular event. The person who escorted us to our seats was very professional and personable. Though the seats were a bit close together, we were fortunate to have isle seats. During the intermission, it was nice to be able to get a cold drink, though the bathroom lines were ridiculous. The sound reproduction was fairly good, but the vocals and instruments could have been a lit louder at times to accommodate the intensity of the production. When needed to project a better effect of emotion, at various times during the performance, the sound could have been improved to provide better contrast. It may very well be, that because we were seated to the left of the orchestra section, that we were not able to hear the dynamics of the production. However, in either case, adjustments in sound reproduction should be considered so that the effect is the same, no matter where you sit. Though we would love to come to PPAC for another production, we are a little skeptical, unless we find a completely different section of seats (possibly the balcony) which is more conducive to sound and comfort. In any event, the performance was very good, and the night was enjoyable.

2 Thank Chuck and Liz G
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rocketts”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was there for a photo shoot with the Rocketts and got to meet and chat with some of them. The photographers and the staff were wonderful. The show was amazing. I also saw Phantom of the Opera years ago. It was my first introduction to the stage and I'm hooked. What a performance, what a beautiful historical building. I would recommend a show before you leave RI.

1 Thank queenb13513