“Beautiful Interior”

Providence Performing Arts Center
Ranked #2 of 127 things to do in Providence
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Featured show was Man of LaMancha. A wonderful and relatively inexpensive matinee offered in a comfortable and nicely renovated theatre. Located in downtown Providence and convenient access.

1  Thank srh7009

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I attended Phantom Of The Opera in early December. The venue resembles the ornate & overwhelming movie theaters that I remember in my early years. The atmosphere was especially perfect for this particular event. The person who escorted us to our seats was very professional and personable. Though the seats were a bit close together, we were fortunate to have isle seats. During the intermission, it was nice to be able to get a cold drink, though the bathroom lines were ridiculous. The sound reproduction was fairly good, but the vocals and instruments could have been a lit louder at times to accommodate the intensity of the production. When needed to project a better effect of emotion, at various times during the performance, the sound could have been improved to provide better contrast. It may very well be, that because we were seated to the left of the orchestra section, that we were not able to hear the dynamics of the production. However, in either case, adjustments in sound reproduction should be considered so that the effect is the same, no matter where you sit. Though we would love to come to PPAC for another production, we are a little skeptical, unless we find a completely different section of seats (possibly the balcony) which is more conducive to sound and comfort. In any event, the performance was very good, and the night was enjoyable.

2  Thank Chuck and Liz G
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was there for a photo shoot with the Rocketts and got to meet and chat with some of them. The photographers and the staff were wonderful. The show was amazing. I also saw Phantom of the Opera years ago. It was my first introduction to the stage and I'm hooked. What a performance, what a beautiful historical building. I would recommend a show before you leave RI.

1  Thank queenb13513
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Nice place with a lot of charm and soul. The only thing we didn't like was the seat, they are old and inconfortable. This place still be a place to go for the history.

1  Thank Ulric M
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Grand theater beautifully restored. Colorfull, large, nice orchestra and balcony. Good acoustics. Small concession. Comfortable seating.

1  Thank frugalarnie