“The best bed and breakfast in Rhode Island”

Christopher Dodge House
Ranked #1 of 5 Providence B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2010

On a trip to Rhode Island for a wedding in Newport, our family and my daughter's family, experienced a bed and breakfast for the first time. We couldn't have enough good things to say about our first experience in a bed and breakfast especially one as wonderful as the Christopher Dodge House! The staff was great, the rooms were large, clean and so comfortable. My daughter had a baby with her and it was a perfect place to stay with a family with children. Our food was awesome each morning with snacks around the clock if needed. The atmosphere was so much like visiting someone's home where you had nice couples to small talk with when you wanted or not at all. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast for any length of stay and know our family and friends will be staying at the Christopher Dodge House whenever we visit Providence. I now know you get more for your money at a bed and breakfast then a hotel and I will try out more in different areas!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Even though the staff was friendly they were not that accommodating. We asked for early breakfast and they said no it was at 7:30. It was not served until 7:50. They advertise smoking areas but when asked they said 20 feet from the building so there was no area. They said everything with a smile but were just inflexible. The breakfast was okay. Nothing great. It is in an okay area. Just have had a lot better at MANY B&B's. A little flexibility and less "it's my job" would help.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed here just one night and found it lovely. My room, on the ground floor, was simple and elegant, free of typical B&B Victoriana. The common room upstairs was welcoming, I appreciated the free wi-fi throughout the house, the staff was friendly, and breakfast was very good. I wasn't familiar with the neighborhood -- it's on the other side of I-95 from the Amtrak station -- so I took a taxi, but quickly realized that it would have been an easy walk from the train -- indeed, the next day I walked all the way up to Brown University. I'd easily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

What a wonderful experience if you enjoy the history of what life used to be like! At the Christopher Dodge House you will feel the friendly family atmosphere of being 'home'. Our visit was very pleasurable, and I would love to have been able to stay longer if the 'real world' wasn't awaiting us. The service was fantastic but it didn't actually feel like service, it was like being with family. A college event/vist prompted by booking with the Christopher Dodge House, and I know without a doubt where my husband and I will stay if our daughter gets accepted at this college!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Staff at Christopher Dodge house were superb and so friendly. When they stated a continental breakfast was included, we did not expect such a delicious variety of food, plus a hot breakfast every morning, it exceeded our expectations. The location is great as its located right downtown and walking distance from almost everything. And to top it all, it was a beautiful house, you could feel the history and warmth of the place when walking in. Everybody and everything made us feel like we were home sweet home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We spent a delightful two night getaway at this charming inn. The location is close to the downtown Statehouse area, with easy access to an upscale mall, many shops, fine restaurants, and historic attractions. In fact, we walked to most of the facilities.
The aroma of fresh baked toll house cookies serve on a table outside our door brought back many fond memories. The breakfast buffet with its cooked to order selection was served in a cozy fire placed dining room.
The experience was a great start to our day. The inn provided us with the overall experience we were searching for; amenities, services and food, all oozing New England Charm!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I recently was on business in Providence and clients recommended The Christopher Dodge House instead of the same main stream hotel I usually stay at. It could not have been a better experience, beautiful renovated late 1800"s home. Large,clean, rooms and the staff treated us like family! Breakfast was amazing and everyone was so friendly We walked to work (Providence Mall) and saw many sights of this cool city I would not have seen otherwise - I will definately be back, but this time with my family to explore Providence..lots to see!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business