“Sweet place”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Sweet place”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Lim's is my go-to place for takeout, though I've also have been there with friends for sit-down. Honestly, I survive the New England winters simply by indulging now and again on the hot basil dish with chicken. Otherwise, I might have to move south (smile). But there is an array of interesting selections beyond that one and a nice set-up for sushi tasting. The people have always been friendly toward me, and have on occasion amended a dish for a dietary concern.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Betsy S

“Pleasant but Expensive”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stopped by for a quick lunch on a Saturday. Not busy, but the hostess showed her displeasure when I specified where we wanted to sit. The food was fine, the atmosphere pleasant. Expensive for Thai food. Lots of other Thai restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank execmd
New York City, New York
“Thai on Wayland Square”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable, modern decor and friendly staff. Menu includes a good assortment of Thai and sushi items. We had noodles, etc., and all was quite good.

“Consistently great for both Thai and Japanese Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is my favorite Thai place in Providence. The decor is very tasteful and all the employees are very friendly. I will be honest, I have become a frequent diner here and am never disappointed. The Tom Yum Soup is the best I've had, a perfect blend of spice and flavor. I have also tried (on different occasions) the Pad Thai with Chicken, and the crispy Pad Thai. While both are wonderful, my tastes tend toward the traditional option. I have also tried the maki, which is excellent. I think it's rare to find a restaurant that can excel in both Thai and Japanese cuisine and Lim's is one of the few to succeed. The crunchy salmon roll is fantastic. I have eaten at the restaurant and also had takeout (lots of times :) ). My food is always still hot when arrive back home, which I appreciate greatly. If you haven't already tried it, I recommend doing so soon.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sasalliee
Providence, Rhode Island
“Enjoyable leisurely lunch at Lim's”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went there to meet a friend and enjoyed a nice leisurely lunch. Lim's has a small bar and Sushi area in the original part of the building. Small, tasteful and very comfortable. Lim's has recently expanded and has more seating. Early on Saturday, it was not busy. We started off with a couple of appetizers,Thai tea and Sake. There are two appetizer menu's, one traditional, the other sushi. Our friend had a dish that is seldom available in the local Thai restaurants, Spicy Holy Basil, my wife Crispy Shrimp Sushi, I made up a dinner of Pineapple fried rice, chicken fried wonton and spring rolls, no spices for me. My friend who eats Thai once or twice a week, more often if he can get it, loved his dish and said it had just the right amount of zing. Parking is along Angell street just off of Wayland Square.

• Visited October 2013