“Excellent variety, can get pricey”
Review of Trattoria Roma

Trattoria Roma
Ranked #120 of 803 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Providence RI
“Excellent variety, can get pricey”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Love the variety of food here, if you can imagineit in an Italian deli it's probably here. Only complaint is that I get carried away sometimes & end up having a $20 lunch, but everything is first class & worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013

Vermont
“Not a restaurant at lunch”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After reading reviews of all the great restaurants on Federal Hill, we were confused by what we found - most of these restaurants are markets, which serve meals at the counter. Trattoria Roma was the only one we saw with actual tables for the lunch crowd. My husband had lasagna, and raved about it - he said it was the best sauce he's ever had. I had a Tuscano chicken sandwich, which was so-so. The barbecued chicken on it was delicious, but the tomato and iceberg lettuce were a disappointment. Portions were huge, and prices very reasonable. The market is amazing - cheeses and pastries looked especially good. Service was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited December 2012
North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Trattoria Roma”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went here this summer for the first time...........but, it wasn't our last! Sooooooooooo delicious!! We love the Italian sausage calzone, it was HUGE!! Three people could eat it. The bread was the BEST I've eaten. My grandfather was a baker, so I was very impressed with the bread. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Italian pastry, it reminded me of when I was little, and would go "Up the Hill" for the pastry. You will be very impressed with this place, as I was. They also have a market where you can buy pastries,Italian specialties, along with cold cuts, etc. You won't be disappointed, and the prices are sooooooooooo reasonable!! Can't say enough about this place!!

Visited July 2012
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Visit to Federal Hill”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

While visiting my daughter at URI we decided to visit Federal Hill we enjoyed reading all the menus and stopping in to a few of the Italian markets. We stumbled upon Trattoria Roma looked at the menu and proceeded inside. It was very hard to choose what to have as the menu had many options for pasta dishes, chicken dishes, Veal, and seafood. I had the Linguine carbonara DELISH!!! Pasta was just pasta it was done perfect the seasoning was excellent. I had the calamari for an ap it was served with balsamic vinegar with gives it a little sweetness and then cracked pepper the calamari was tender and lightly battered!!!! Our waitress was friendly and staff was very nice. I would return on a trip there again. Casual family restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Worcester
“Good food, So-So service, Great market”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

While browsing the annual Federal Hill Festival, we stopped on the market side of the restaurant for a cappucino & Italian desserts as we've done 2-3 times before. Three hours later, we decided to return to the Trattoria side for dinner. Bread basket was missing the bread-no big deal. I had filet of sole francaise & wife had mussels. Both were very good (8 on 10 scale), but could have been 10's with a little more seasoning. Waitres was not friendly or particularly attentive. We ordered desserts & cappucino (again)-both were great. After dinner, we wandered over to the market side, where we sampled 2-3 different cheeses. We ended up spending more in the market than we did on dinner (cheese, bread, dried sausage)!! When we arrived home in Mass., we "sampled" the bread & cheese. Out of this world good! Don't eat here without checking out the market!

• Visited October 2012