“Great margaritas”

Viva Mexico Cantina Grill
Ranked #152 of 831 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Love the atmosphere of this place! They have great margaritas and the food is decent as well. I would recommend stopping in if you want a good margarita.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Loved sitting on the patio drinking fresh margaritas and eating wonderful, authentic food. The service was absolutely amazing...we loved our server.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Chips and salsa don't come with the meal. The cheapest option -- chips plus red and green salsa, and bean dip -- costs $4.50. The hard shell taco seems to have been fried with the beef in it (Sonoran style), which is a plus. The cheese enchilada was fairly good, though I would probably prefer it with red (rather than green) sauce. The "quesadilla" was more like a flauta and had little filling. The carne asada tacos were the best items, are a good value, and are plenty filling. But, the corn tortillas were a touch dry and the meat could've used some marinading. I'm sure we'll be back when we're in the area, but probably won't go out of our way to come back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A friend and I ate here twice while at a convention, good prices and solid down home Mexican cooking- most Mexican restaurants in the US are pretty cookie cutter with their menus. Shredded Goat, excellent Mole, melt in your mouth pork , home made tortilla chips, fresh salsa. I love to eat and I was too full to have desert, and that menu looked great. Service was quick and restaurant was clean even though very busy. I will go back.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

FLAN. If you visit Viva Mexico, you MUST get the flan. The traditional milk flan is so amazing, I visited Viva twice in one week to have it. Addicting? Yes. You've been warned.

Thristy? Order the Doña Elia Margarita, named after the owner. It's concocted with Milagros silver tequila, triple sec, mango juice, homemade Tamarindo & Sour mix. I asked the bartender to make mine spicy, on the rocks. Refreshing with a kick!

I can't wait to come back for more!

1  Thank FoxyWhite03