“very romantic”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Wallingford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very romantic”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were fortunate enough to receive this as a gift from our wedding. It was such a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this attraction if you are in downtown providence.

Visited October 2013
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Bob B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, and I am so happy that you had an enjoyable experience! I greatly appreciate your support and willingness to help spread the word about our operation. Congratulations again on your wedding, and perhaps we might see you for an anniversary trip sometime in the seasons to come. In any case, if you are back in Providence sometime between May and October, please do drop by the dock and say ciao!

• Korean first
Cumberland, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great romantic evening”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was exactly what I was looking for to surprise my fiance after dinner on our 8 year anniversary of meeting each other. I brought chocolate covered strawberries, which made it even more perfect. So romantic when they sing to you in Italian

Visited October 2013
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear emilydRhodeIsland,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, and also for deciding to take a trip with us in the first place! We love having Rhode Islanders on board, as it is always a pleasure showing off our capital city to our local guests; Providence improves itself little by little every year, and we feel that the view from the gondola offers a great perspective on those improvements.

Each of our gondoliers, I feel, truly tries to offer his passengers the best of himself during the trip, and we have a very talented and personable group of guys of whom I am very proud. I am very happy that yours gave you the trip of which I know they are always capable.

Congratulations again on your 8th meeting anniversary, and hopefully we will see you again along the Riverwalk in Providence sometime in the not-too-distant future! Until then,

“Magical”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to finally see the water fires in Providence after talking about it for months. As I researched the event, I came across a website for La Gondola. I must say it was the best decision of our night! The booking process was simple. When we arrived, we were greeted by attentive staff. Our gondolier was friendly and informative. It was truly breathtaking to be so close to the water fires while slowly floating on the river. So relaxing! The only thing I would say that was disappointing was the ride only lasted about 30 minutes and I wanted it to last the entire night! We will definitely be going again!

Dear JackandLiamsMommy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review of us, and I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience. WaterFire is indeed a magical event, and it is surreal to be on the water during the display either as a passenger or as a gondolier. We all consider ourselves fortunate to be able to enjoy them time after time, even if we're "working" through the entire event!

I will look forward to hopefully seeing you two again sometime soon, either for another WaterFire experience or for a trip on a normal evening. Until then,

Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“RELAXING ROMANTIC”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My fiance and I booked the Viaggio della Dolce Vita for his birthday and "The Don" seranaded us on his mandolin while Donato guided us down the rivers and sang beautifully. We enjoyed the Bellini (non-alcoholic) with our tasty biscuits and chocolate, the framed photo and commerative glasses will be treasured as we fondly remember the beautiful, relaxing ride looking at the lights of the city while cuddling under a blanket and being seranaded by both of these talented gentlemen, to the extent of hearing "Happy Birthday" sung in Italian as a surprise extra. The owner Marcello was most helpful and informative from the first step of the reservation through the end of the evening. We highly recommend this experience and plan on a return visit.

Dear Kitty923,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of us; I greatly appreciate it, and I am VERY happy to hear that your trip met your expectations. In particular, I am pleased that it was Donato who was your gondolier, as he doesn't get a lot of publicity on TripAdvisor, but he is certainly a very charismatic and personable gentleman to have on board.

The Don, our mandolin player, also is a great asset to the LGP team; my personal favorite trip type is the one that includes a live musician (the Rapsodia or Dolce Vita packages.) To me, having any one of them on board makes the trip that much more special than any other that we do, even WaterFire. Over the phone with clients, the only time that I don't recommend the musician trip is if people are visiting the city and would want to interact more with the gondolier, have him show them around, give them a tour, etc., which would necessitate them talking over the musician the entire time, thus diminishing the musician's magic.

For my part, it was a pleasure helping you set up the trip, and thank you so much again for your recommendation; we truly appreciate your support, and will thoroughly look forward to seeing you on board again sometime soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Romantic experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and took a romantic cruise this afternoon..totally awesome experience. We loved every minute of it, the singing gondolear Rosario is awesome and the river is a great experience!

Dear LorenzoKC,

Thank you so much for posting this review; I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Rosario is indeed an excellent gondolier, and I am thrilled that your experience with him was a great one.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, and I hope you had a wonderful time here in Providence. If you ever find yourself back here in Rhode Island, please do drop by and say ciao; hope to see you along the Riverwalk again one day!

Ciao,
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!