“Best part of the night”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Winchendon, Massachusetts
“Best part of the night”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I rode on the Floating Lounge at the WaterFire event. It was the best part of the night. The crew members were wonderful and the ride was gentle and took us all the way down the river and past all of the fires. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Providence on any day or night. Bring a bottle of wine and they put it on ice and serve it to you in wine glasses. Very romantic and fun.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Susan M;

Thank you so much for posting these thoughts, and for your compliments. I will certainly pass them along to Rico, Kait, and Luciano, the Lounge staff for your visit.

I love the Lounge myself; I think that it is a great way to see the fires, less the center of attention than the gondolas are on a fire evening, so you're less on-the-spot, so to speak, and more comfortable for larger parties than the gondola. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the experience yourself; it was a pleasure working with you setting up the reservation, and perhaps we will see you on the water again sometime soon for some more floating romance. Until then,

• Korean first
“A must-do in Providence!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved the gondola ride! We had never been to Providence before, and not only did we get to see the beautiful downtown skyline, but Alessandro was very knowledgeable in the city's history. These Iowa Buckeyes will recommend La Gondola to everyone!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear iowabuckiiz,

Thank you so much for posting these thoughts, and I will definitely pass your comments along to my brother (Alessandro.) It was a pleasure meeting you both, if only briefly, and I am very happy that you enjoyed the trip. From the oldest (er, most mature) gondolier to the youngest, we all take very seriously the idea that we are ambassadors for the City Of Providence and for Venetian culture, and try to be mindful of that in how we interact with our patrons. We love showing off our city to locals and visitors alike!

If you're ever back in the Northeast, we certainly hope to see you on the water again; until then, GO BUCKEYES (just don't yell it too loudly in Iowa!)

Ciao,
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Relaxing Experience!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was a Sunday evening around sunset that we went for our gondola ride...loved it! They have various packages and we reserved the Viaggio di Rapsodia. Marcello and Daniella (our accordion player) where fabulous. We loved the gondola ride itself with the music in the background...very relaxing. The information regarding parts of the sights we saw along the way was a nice touch too. Marcello was very personable, we were treated great...not like just customers.
Loved this and am already recommending this to others!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear 44Renee44,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these comments. I truly appreciate it, and I am thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable experience. Daniela is such a pleasure to have working with us, and as I probably mentioned on your trip, being a former national electric accordion champion, we are VERY fortunate to have somebody as talented as she is available for our patrons!

It was a delight meeting you, and thank you for spreading the word; the next time that you're back in the city, please do drop by and say hello. Hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great evening”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were booked on the Gondola on a very warm evening in July. We very much enjoyed the experience. It is a wonderful way to see a very beautiful city.

Visited July 2013
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear julie r,

I truly appreciate you taking a moment to post this review of us, and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us in Providence. The capital city has really come a LONG way over the last generation or so, and rowing all summer on the rivers for 15 years I have definitely enjoyed a front-row seat for some very positive changes.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit here overall, and thanks again for your compliments; you and the rest of our clients are our motivation to try on every trip to offer the best experience that we possibly can, always keeping in mind who we have on the boat at that time, creating an experience that best reflects what their expectations are. I hope that we met yours, and perhaps we will see you on the river again one day.

Johnston, Rhode Island, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Celebrate my wedding anniversary”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The service I experienced at La Gondola exceeded my expectations...!!! Thanks to Alessandro our gondolier. Great singing ... If you are or going to visit the little State of Rhode Island.. This is a must

Visited July 2013
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Javier C,

Thank you very much for posting this review; I will certainly pass along your compliments to my brother (Alessandro,) who has been one of our greatest and most entertaining gondoliers for six seasons now!

I truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us these comments; our goal is to provide an experience that is tailored completely to the people who we have on board, be it a couple celebrating their anniversary, a family on vacation from out of state, a few couples out on the town together, or anybody else. I hope that we get to see you again along the Riverwalk sometime soon, but in any case, tante grazie for your support of us!

Ciao,
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!