“Providence Gondola Ride”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Marcello and Alessandro,

Thank you for making Jerry’s Birthday the best ever. It truly was a magical night. The singing, the wine and biscuits, the way the gondola cut thru the water, and the scenery made for a unforgettable evening.

Mary

2  Thank Mary M
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Mary M,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to post this review. It was such a pleasure finally meeting you two!

I greatly appreciate your mentioning specifically the gondola cutting through the water. As a gondolier, it is always nice when somebody compliments the rowing, as I teach all of the gondoliers to be as mindful as possible of keeping the boat from rocking or moving off of its line, so that ideally people don't notice it, because of how well (hopefully) the craft is being piloted.

I will certainly pass on your compliments to my brother. I hope to see you two again soon, and that Jerry is still milking his birthday celebration for all he can!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"memorable evening"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Marchelo was the man who crossed us through the river during sunset.. He is such a talented and genuine person who gave us a tour of the city on the gondola. He serenaded us with Italian music..Visit the place with your significant other..;)

1  Thank aurealyn
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Aurealyn,

It was such a pleasure meeting you two; I am so happy that we were able to meet and take the trip together. And thank you also for taking a moment to post this review, and for your kind words; I greatly appreciate it.

I hope that you two had a safe and uneventful trip back home, and I will look forward very much to perhaps seeing you the next time you are up in Rhode Island.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Experience a romantic Venetian moment along the downtown canal in the capital city of Providence in Rhode Island.

Whether you live nearby or it would be a bit of a journey – it is a worthwhile experience that everyone should have.

From the moment you arrive at the Gondola Landing, you are treated special – as though you are their only visitors that day. When it is time to enter the Italian vessel, you are carefully guided into the gondola.

Once seated, snacks await you and you might consider bringing your own bottle filled with the drink of your choice. It will be placed in chilled ice and when underway on your ride, your beverage is, in Italian fashion, poured into nice souvenir classes.

As Marcello or the other Gondoliers sing to you in Italian and row the Gondola in authentic Italian attire, you are taken away from the worries or the world and suddenly, it feels like you’ve been transported to Italy. It is a peaceful time you will carry with you forever.

You can request your own private musician. “The Don” is amazing with his Mandolin music.
My husband and I took this Gondola ride when we renewed our vows three years ago and when we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.

We think this a gem in the downtown area of Providence. It is extremely affordable and once you live this experience, you won’t even remember the cost.

This memory of a lifetime awaits you. When I want to go on a gondola ride, I leave a message at (401) 421-8877. You call will be returned.

This experience is the best for the money you will ever spend.

We love Marcello and The Don

Thank you for our forever special memories.

Roberta and John Helming

3  Thank 22Princess
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Roberta and John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this terrific review! One of the other gondoliers was with me (we're working hard on the boats, preparing them for this upcoming season) when your review came to us, and he almost thought it was an advertisement, it was so descriptive and comprehensive!

I truly appreciate all of your kind words; I myself and the other gondoliers take very seriously our positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and I definitely feel that all of us try to offer the best experience that we can on every trip. Having said that, I am THOROUGHLY looking forward to hopefully seeing you two in the months ahead! The Don is as popular as ever, and has learned a number of new songs since you two saw him last (so have I, and working on more!) Thanks again; I hope all is well and that we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is really worth the effort to get to Providence. We drove from Western MA to celebrate our parents anniversary/mother's birthday. It was a total surprise for them and the whole night was perfect. It started out with our gondola ride. Everyone was so friendly and the voice of Marcello was a delight. My Italian father even sang along. The accordion player, Maria, was so sweet and played beautifully. We specifically wanted to have an accordion player since my father used to play. They were so impressed (as we were). The wine crackers that Maria herself made were awesome. We brought wine and enjoyed the ride, snacks/wine, music and ambiance. Thank you for a memorable night!

2  Thank 62shorty
meh312, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear 62shorty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of us. I truly appreciate your compliments, and I am very happy that we were able to provide for you a memorable experience. I will certainly pass your compliments to Maria; she is very talented, both with the accordion and in her deli; she was just experimenting with red and green wine biscuits for the holidays, with no food coloring added!

Thanks again for your time and your words; it was a pleasure having you all on board, and hopefully we'll see you on the water again sometime in the seasons to come. I hope that you all have a happy and blessed holiday season.

Ciao,

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We surprised our friend for her birthday with a ride on La Gondola by spending an enchanting evening with the gondoliers riding down the river, listening to the beautiful music of the guitarist and wonderful singing of Alessandro. They pampered us even before we got on the boat by making sure our drinks and snacks were prepared nicely and graciously took time to take some pictures for us. Alessandro explained the history of all the buildings, the beautiful bridges, and the history of the boats and the company. We couldn't have asked for anything more, including his fabulous rendition of O Sole Mio! I would highly recommend going on a quiet evening in the city when things are peaceful--it is superb.

1  Thank Mary Beth P
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Mary Beth P,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to write this review, particularly since I notice that it is your first one on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate it, and completely agree with you that a quiet night in the city is the way to go; Providence has a magic about it that really makes our job pretty easy. The ambience is created for us, and we just row through it!

I will definitely pass on your compliments to my brother (Alessandro,) and our musician (I believe you had Ivano as your guitarist, but I will check) as well. Alessandro is my strong right arm, I tell people, and one of the best gondoliers out there, but I am very fortunate to have a very talented and enthusiastic bunch of gondoliers and musicians who all strive to make every one of our patrons feel like the kings and queens of the river. That's the idea, and I am so happy that you all were able to enjoy the experience.

Tante grazie, e ciao!
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!