“Wedding Night”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I went on the night of October 13th after we had been married earlier that day. The singer had a great voice and was simply Amazing! The musician was fantastic as well! What great guys they were. A wonderful romantic way to end our wedding night! The only thing I regret was not taking a picture of them to add to our album :( Overall a great experience that I would recommend to everyone!

1  Thank Tanya A
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Tanya A,

First, congratulations on your marriage!

And thank you so much for posting this review of us; I will certainly pass on your compliments to your gondolier (Rosario) and musician (The Don.) It has been really great to see the development of the new gondoliers in particular over the course of this season, but I honestly do think that we all try to improve year-to-year, even the guys like Rosario who have been here for a while.

I hope that the entire day was fabulous for you two, and all of us here wish you a lifetime of love, happiness, and romance. I hope to see you on the gondola again some day, perhaps to celebrate an anniversary sometime!

Grazie e ciao,

in 5 reviews
"bucket list"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have not been to Venice, and probably never will ...... but we certainly feel like we have experienced the next best thing with the La Gondola ride in Providence, as we floated under several arching bridges through the city. Rosario was our gondolier, and he was a wonderful host. Did an expert job in guiding the gondola, and sang three Italian songs for us, while acting as the tourguide for all the riverside buildings and monuments as we floated by them. Just an enchanting and romantic evening -- highly recommended if you are looking for something different to do while in Rhode Island.

Add another excellent rating -- at this point #36 out of 36 reviews -- a perfect score!

2  Thank Weston66
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Weston66,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review! I truly appreciate your words about Rosario; he is so talented and personable. I am very fortunate to have him as a gondolier; I know that every trip he takes is going to be a great one, and that is a very reassuring thing, believe me!

IF you ever get the chance to see Venice, I couldn't recommend it more highly. The city is incredible, and obviously there are things that Venice has that we simply do not. We like to say to our guests that we are not any better or worse, just different, and after spending 14 seasons rowing gondolas in Providence, I truly feel that our city has a magic to it all its own. We try to sink ourselves into it as much as possible each day, as well as give you as authentic a gondola trip as possible, and take you away from the cares of the rest of the world for a while.

I feel that the 5-star scores can't last forever, though I HOPE that they do! It is definitely a source of pride to receive them from everybody so far, and I am very happy to know that we met and hopefully exceeded your expectations for the experience. If you are ever in Providence again, I do hope that you stop by to say hello; thank you once more for your time and thoughts!

Ciao,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked this trip as part of a day long birthday celebration for my sister and it turned out to be the highlight of the day ! Alberto, our gondolier and Ivano, our classical guitarist made us feal like we were Venetian royality. They serenaded us as we slowly floated down the river. Alberto even gave us a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday in Italian. Bravo !

I would have never guessed that the river in downtown Providence was so picturesque ! Wether you have lived in Providence all your life or you are just vsiting for the day definitely check out La Gondola.They make any day special and a special event truly memorable

Dear ELIZABETH O,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write this review! Alberto is our newest gondolier (he's only been rowing trips for a few months now,) and Ivano, who started rowing last year, started playing the guitar on trips this year as well, so I am VERY happy to see this particular review, about how great of a trip they gave.

I truly feel that every one of our guys tries his best to make every experience a memorable one. Alberto's personality in particular I think makes him very memorable in and of itself; he is quite the character!

Finally, I completely agree with your assessment on the Providence Riverwalk; I tell people more often than not that the idea of what we do is simply to transport you away from reality for a while, and the river and city do a lot to help make our job easier.

I am so happy that you enjoyed the experience, and since you are in Tennessee, I imagine we unfortunately won't get to see you soon, at least in the near future anyway. But if you're ever in the city again, please do drop by and say hi; I hope Alberto and Ivano are with us for a long time!

Grazie e ciao,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was hesitant to book this "gondola " experience because my first experience with a Gondola was in Venice ,Italy and was magical, and my second was at the Venitian in Las Vegas and it was so touristy and ridiculous ,I was embarrassed to be in it ! I wanted to see waterfire and I just thought it would be a greater experience in the water than on the shoreline looking at it! The staff are super friendly and professional ,the owner was extremely helpful everytime I called for info . I wasn't familiar with the area as I was visiting from New York . I read the reviews and it is very romantic if that's what you are looking for. We were on a girls trip and it was just as beautiful if you weren't there for romance.I don't think I would of loved it as much as we did without the waterfire ,because being so close to the fire,hearing it crackle ,is magical. I highly recommend it !

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear catherine115,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to post this review! We agree that there is definitely a magic to WaterFire; it is such an enchanting, surreal experience, and we are happy to have the opportunity to enjoy this festival of sorts about a dozen times during their season, which roughly parallels ours. They are such an interesting group of people over there, and we have a pretty great relationship, all of us having been out on the water together for 15 years now.

It was a pleasure working with you on the phone, and I am glad that you were able to have the experience that you wanted, taking the trip during the fire. You're absolutely correct, I believe: the gondolas are not just for romance, they're simply a great way to see the city, either on WaterFire evenings or not. Personally, I think the trip is a little more romantic on non-fire nights, as you are truly the king and queen of the river, as opposed to part of the WaterFire show on fire evenings, which can sometimes be a little awkward for a couple, looking out at all of those people.

I hope you had a safe and uneventful journey home; thanks again for taking the trip, the compliments on my staff (who truly do not receive as much credit as they might deserve - every one is a terrific young man!,) and reviewing us here, & hopefully we will get to see you three again one day!

Ciao,

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Marcello of La Gondola assisted me in making a unique and memorable proposal to my fiance. We traveled the river into the basin, Marcello's expert rowing skills guided us into the basin where I proposed by firelight. The staff of La Gondola made this possible by coordinate with the Waterfire staff and photographer to time the arrival perfectly. Our moment was elegant, magical, and unforgettable thanks to the professionalism and kindness of Marcello and his staff.
After the proposal we continued our journey on the river through Waterfire. Waterfire is a sight to behold, but to experience it from within the river is truly exceptional. The sight, smell, sound of crackling fires is amazing. At the end of our trip Marcello sang for us demonstrating not only impressive rowing skills, but a beautiful voice.
I give La Gondola my highest recommendation! They made our evening unforgettable!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear JSMAR,

And you already know how wonderful the entire experience was for me, helping you to plan your proposal. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and for allowing us to share in such an incredible moment; I am so happy that everything turned out the way that you hoped it would.

I and my staff wish you both a lifetime together of love, happiness, and romance, and hopefully with that in mind, we will see each other again one day, perhaps for an anniversary trip sometime in the future. Finally, thank you for the acknowledgment of the rowing skills; I will have to rub it in to the rest of the gondoliers.

It was such a great pleasure planning this whole event with you.

Tante grazie, e auguri!
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!