“Fantastic Way To See Providence Skyline”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everyone who visits Providence, RI must take the gondola ride at La Gondola. Our experience was so enjoyable we couldn't wait to tell somebody about it. This is a wondeful way to appreciate the skyscrapers of Providence. The fact that we could bring our own wine was a bonus. It was opened and served by one of the gondoliers and we were presented with etched wine glasses with a picture of the gondola and the skyline to commemorate the experience. Our gondolier, Rosario, was so entertaining and surprised us with a serenade of two beautiful Italian songs. We felt like we were in Italy. He also gave us some history of the area and the buildings along the water. Don't miss this!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Carol C,

Thank you very much for posting this review of us! I honestly feel that the gondola experience is one that anybody can enjoy: lovers, families, friends, and more, because of the way that each gondolier really tries to tailor the trip to the people he has on board. They really all do a great job, and Rosario particularly, as evidenced by the amount of publicity he gets on TripAdvisor! We strive to make the trip as authentic and personal as possible, and I am SO pleased that you found a number of positive things about your experience.

Thank you once again, and perhaps we won't have to wait long to see you back on the gondola, should you make it back to New England in the near future. Until then,

Grazie e ciao!

in 9 reviews
"memorable evening"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Celebrated our anniversary by booking a gondola ride during Waterfire in Providense & it was the absolute Best!! Marcello our gondolier was magnificent,gave us a lil history while drifting down the river & sang romantic italian love songs as well ,everyone needs to experience this!!

Dear true2u,

Thank you so much for posting this review of us! I am humbled by your praise, and greatly appreciate it. Thanks also for the photos; they are terrific! WaterFire is quite a spectacle, and we think that the gondolas are a nice complement to it both before and during the display.

Personally, my preference is to row beforehand, as I feel that the trip is more personal before the loud music begins, but either way, I try to give everyone who meets me on the boat the best trip that I can, and instill that same motivation into the rest of the guys. They really all do a tremendous job striving to improve the operation at each opportunity that they have to do so.

I truly hope that you two had a wonderful anniversary celebration, and perhaps I will have the pleasure of seeing you on the water again sometime soon.

Tante grazie!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Especially as part of Waterfire, this is truly an experience not to miss. The gondoliers were friendly, talented and had voices of chrubs. The cookies they provided were delectable. I have done gondola rides in Venice, so I do have something to compare it to. I'll definitely do this again.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Donna S,

Thank you very much for posting this review of us. I will certainly pass along your compliments to the gondoliers and to Maria, our accordion player, whose deli makes the wine biscuits that we serve on the trips. I know the gondoliers will agree with you that they are delectable; they are always angling to have some themselves!

I appreciate, also, you comparing the trip to your experience in Venice. We strive to be as authentic as possible, but obviously there are some things about Venice that we could never replicate. Having said that, we feel that there are some things that we have in Providence that the Venetians could not copy as well (for one, it's nice to be one of only three gondolas on the water at any given time, instead of one of 500+.) All we can hope is that the gondola experience in Providence isn't worse or better, just magical in a different way.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review. I will look forward to seeing you again on a gondola in Providence sometime soon!

Grazie e ciao,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband booked a gondola trip for us as an anniversary surprise since we visited Venice on our honeymoon. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a unique experience.the staff is excellent!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Kris91,

Thank you very much for posting this review. I am very happy to hear that the experience was a positive one for you two. I will certainly pass on your comments to the gondoliers; I am very proud of them, and truly they are a very talented, courteous, and honorable group of young men, and always happy to hear compliments made about them. Hopefully it won't go to their heads!

Again, happy anniversary, and thank you for your response. Hopefully we will see you again, either here in Providence OR over in Venice!

Grazie e ciao,

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Surprise gift for family and it was excellent. Rosario was an phenomenal host. Definitely suggest anyone in the area to experience La Gondola.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Jbclaire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I will pass on your compliments to Rosario, who is becoming quite a TripAdvisor celebrity.

I greatly appreciate your suggestion that anyone in the area should take the trip; I would love to see more of everybody (locals, visitors, lovers, AND families) experiencing what we have to offer. The idea of the trip, as you hopefully became aware during your ride, is to tailor the experience to each individual group. As such, I feel like anybody could have a great, authentic, and personal trip, and we strive continually to ensure exactly that.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to review us. Hopefully we will see you on river again sometime soon!

Ciao,
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!