“Fabulous”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband booked a gondola trip for us as an anniversary surprise since we visited Venice on our honeymoon. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a unique experience.the staff is excellent!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Kris91,

Thank you very much for posting this review. I am very happy to hear that the experience was a positive one for you two. I will certainly pass on your comments to the gondoliers; I am very proud of them, and truly they are a very talented, courteous, and honorable group of young men, and always happy to hear compliments made about them. Hopefully it won't go to their heads!

Again, happy anniversary, and thank you for your response. Hopefully we will see you again, either here in Providence OR over in Venice!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"bucket list"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Surprise gift for family and it was excellent. Rosario was an phenomenal host. Definitely suggest anyone in the area to experience La Gondola.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Jbclaire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I will pass on your compliments to Rosario, who is becoming quite a TripAdvisor celebrity.

I greatly appreciate your suggestion that anyone in the area should take the trip; I would love to see more of everybody (locals, visitors, lovers, AND families) experiencing what we have to offer. The idea of the trip, as you hopefully became aware during your ride, is to tailor the experience to each individual group. As such, I feel like anybody could have a great, authentic, and personal trip, and we strive continually to ensure exactly that.

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to review us. Hopefully we will see you on river again sometime soon!

Ciao,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Definitely the best attraction in Providence, RI. A little pricey but well worth it. Try to go just before sunset so you see the city in the day light and also enjoy the night lights. We avoided the waterfire because we heard the ride would be noisy. We declined the music due to cost but our gondolier sang for us in Italian and it was nice. They offer cookies and you may bring your own drink. The ride is about 45 minutes long. Parking is free and convenient.

1  Thank Sunhopeful

Dear SunHopeful,

Thank you very much for posting this review. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback.

You definitely chose it right going at sunset - sunset to dusk in the city is my favorite time to be out on the water; there is a magic to Providence then that is simply different from any other time. I am happy, too, that you were satisfied with your gondolier; I can speak for all of the gondoliers when I say that they are always striving to get better at what they do, from practicing different rowing styles and techniques to learning new Italian songs for guests.

To clarify for the public a couple of things: the cookies are specifically wine biscuits that are handmade for us by a local deli, and parking at our location (1 Citizens Plaza) is not ALWAYS free. Generally the parking attendants are present M-F until 830p, and on WaterFire Saturdays. Thus if you take a trip on a non-WF Saturday or a Sunday or holiday, it is nearly always free to park there, but I cannot guarantee that.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to bring up a number of things that I could address to you and the public. I do truly appreciate your feedback, and will keep passing these messages on to the guys; they inspire us all to try our best to give you an experience to remember.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We only heard about Waterfire a month prior to visiting, so when we called for a gondola reservation everything was booked up for the evening. Luckily, La Gondola just started a "floating lounge" and had availability during the prime hours of Waterfire. The whole experience was awesome! You get to bring your own bottle of choice on board and it is chilled and served along with some tasty wine biscuits. They provide everything! The staff, from the girl on the dock to the captain of the pontoon and on board server, were all incredibly nice and well informed, and we enjoyed chatting them up! This is must do if you are visiting Waterfire!

1  Thank Dena V
LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Dena V,

Thank you SO much for reviewing your experience on the Floating Lounge, and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it as much as you did! I love that boat already; I just think it is such a great way to see WaterFire or simply cruise on the river, and you expressed the essence of it quite perfectly.

I will certainly pass along your compliments to Captain Rick, Tia, and Daniela; I am very pleased to read that you thought they were well-informed, as the three of them are pretty new to the operation, but they've picked it up very quickly and easily. I hope that we will see you on the river again, some day!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a great relaxing boat ride. Our gondolier Rosario was great and the mandolin player and the guitar player was a bonus for us. Everyone was so friendly and enjoyed themselves and made our experience that much better. They kept our growler of beer cold and we sipped on some suds and floated down the river. This is a must do in providence. You will enjoy every minute.

Dear Jodes 91,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to post this review. I saw this trip go by and wondered how you had managed both a guitar AND a mandolin player, but heard the story afterward. I'm so happy that you returned to enjoy the experience again, and that it was as satisfactory as you said. I will pass your compliments on to Rosario, The Don (mandolin,) and Ivano (guitar,) and greatly appreciate them, as do our very talented gondoliers and musicians.

Thanks again, and hopefully it won't be the last time we'll see you on the river!

Ciao,
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!