“Providence's Gondola Ride”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Everything about our experience was easy and fun. The staff greeted us at the dock and helped us become aquainted with the ins and outs of gondolas/ride. Most appreicated and helpful when undertaking a new adventure and this put us right at ease. The gondolas are well kept and beautiful. The music(Don) and guided tour(Rosario) were great,but not intrusive. Our journey through the center of Providence was delightful..Learned a lot from our guide about a city we have been to many times. The music was appropriate for the occassion(celebrating our 52nd wedding anniversary) Among other songs,Rosario sang beautifully an anniversary song to mark the occassion. The staff is very condsiderate which added to the pleasure of the evening. Next time I go,I'd like to do the ride after dark so I can see the city all lit up. Must be beautiful! And then the next time,we'll try it on a water-fire night. Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy this special treat through downtown Providence!

1  Thank gerry991
meh312, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Gerry991;

Thank you very much for this review. I will pass on your compliments to The Don and Rosario; it is reviews like these that keep us all on our toes, so to speak, from the booking to the trip to your leaving the dock to try to provide as complete, authentic, and enjoyable of an experience as we possibly can.

I hope that you two had a terrific anniversary celebration, and I am happy to see that you chose the trip on a non-WaterFire evening first; I definitely feel like we can offer much more personalized service to our patrons on those nights, when the entire city works to make you feel like you are the king and queen of the river.

Hope to see you again soon!

Ciao,

There are newer reviews for La Gondola

Reviewed June 27, 2012

La Gondola exceeded our expectations. We had a very nice gondola ride in Venice but La Gondola exceeded that ride in service, enthusiasm, professionalism and cordiality. The Providence scenery doesn't compare with Venice, yet it is unexpectedly beautiful, especially when viewed from the river. The ride was peaceful and we enjoyed the music of our talented mandolin player and gondolier who serenaded us in Italian. We went on a Tuesday evening and felt like the only ones on the river. The wine we brought was served in La Gondola wine glasses with complimentary delicious "Saccetti di Vino" biscuits. La Gondola did everything to make our ride a memorable experience. We will do it again.

1  Thank Effie N
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Effie N;

I myself have also always loved the extra serenity that comes with taking a trip in the middle of the week. You do really feel like the king and queen of the river, and after the city empties out from the work day, just being on the water in the middle of a relatively quiet city I've found to be very tranquil.

I'm so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations, particularly in the intangibles (professionalism, service, cordiality, etc.) I feel that my gondoliers all try to do the very best that they can to be ambassadors of the city and of gondola culture, and it means a lot to me to know that they succeeded on your trip to do so.

I will look forward to seeing you again on the river sometime soon!

Tante grazie,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our friends have been married for 48 years this June and we wanted to surprise them with a Gondola experience. The 40 min trip was magical. Our gondolier Alex was more than we ever could have dreamed. He was charming, talented, handsome, knowledgeable and such a gentleman. Just like living a dream for 40 minutes...a small price to pay to be transported to a magical memory.

Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Linda B;

Alessandro is my brother, and knowing him as well as I do, perhaps it would be better for me NOT to tell him about your comments, lest they go to his head!

Thank you so very much, though, for taking a moment to write down your thoughts on the trip; it truly appears that you had exactly the experience that we hope every single passenger has: an opportunity to make a memory and escape from reality for a while. I am so happy that you had such a great trip, and regardless of what it may do to his ego, I will pass on your comments to Alex.

Hopefully we'll see you on the river again sometime soon!

Grazie e ciao,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I surprised my husband with a gondola ride for our anniversary. It was a wonderful, magical experience. The river was so beautiful and peaceful. Our gondolier provided commentary of the history of Providence while the mandolin added just the right touch of romance. We were serenaded in Italian as we sipped champagne, nibbled on wine biscuits and saw the capitol city in a new light. It was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

1  Thank vermonter05655
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear vermonter05655;

It certainly seems like you had the best of what we can offer, both from your comments and the attached photo! I agree that if you're looking for a romantic experience, the dusk time slot, right after sunset, gives Providence a surreal feeling that will hold you mesmerized for the entire trip. The transition from day to night in the city is just beautiful.

Thank you so much for posting this review; I greatly appreciate your comments, and perhaps we will see you on the river again for another romantic night out sometime in the future.

Ciao,

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were celebrating our anniversary in Providence and decided to take a romantic boatride at La Gondola. And it was absolutly very romantic! We got some delicious wine and during the tour Luciano sang a few beautiful Italian songs. He has a great voice! We really enjoyed our boatride. Afterwards, Marcello unfortunally could not print our taken picture, but he send it to us by mail and email. How kind! Thank you all for an great experience and very good customerservice!

1  Thank Natasja1975
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Natasja1975;

I really appreciate the two of you writing this review, and for your patience regarding our problems with the printer. I hope that the two of you had a wonderful trip here in the U.S., and whether or not we ever meet again, it was a great pleasure meeting the two of you. Thanks again for your comments, time, and patience. I will pass on your compliments to Luciano.

Ciao!
La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!