“Good environment and taste”

Sura Korean Restaurant Sushi & Bar
Ranked #113 of 819 Restaurants in Providence
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Price is $$. A lot of things to try, especially the noodles. I like the fried seafood noodle very much. Sushi is also pretty good.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to Sura with a few friends, and sat at the bar. Service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Bulgogi Pot, and was not dissappointed. 10/ 10 would dine again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went to this place for lunch last week. I ordered beef bulgogi bento box, which was less savory than I'd love but was not bad either. Next time I might try tofu stew and some desserts. The place is clean, pleasant, and well-decorated, and the menu seems to have a good selection, so I'd definitely come back again! Oh, and their price is pretty friendly for a Korean + Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

the lesson I learned is DON'T even bother to try Asian food in RI. I lived in NYC and the korean food in Ktown was so good. Sura's tofu stew made me almost wanted to cry..it's just one big piece of hard tofu in the pot....I should have known better.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

First bites was impressive. But halfway through, we realized it was very "commercial". Very salty, tasted like it food was made with prepared sauces. If you are new to Korean food, you are probably impressed. But if you are Korean or know your Korean food, sun and moon remains most authentic.

Serving only 3 banchan seems to be a providence thing. The 3 side dishes here taste like store bought.

Overall, sushi and Japanese selections give more options, we only ordered salmon sashimi to benchmark them. Not bad, fresh, good cut size, etc. will come back for more sushi in future.

Atmosphere and service is wonderful. I find it funny that one waitress was polishing glasses, a waiter standing in front of the cash register doing nothing, while the lady who looks like the manager or owner is serving diners...

We will try this place again to check consistency and other dishes. But for now, only 3 stars. Not horrible, but nothing to brag about.