“Wow, this place is REALLY good”
Review of Los Andes

Los Andes
Ranked #2 of 810 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Wow, this place is REALLY good”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The portions are enormous, the wife's cup of soup is larger than most bowls. There is enough rice , fries on each dish to feed a family. In fact they should cut down the portion and tell you you can ask for more. And then everything tasted superb. The steak I had was incredibly tender. Tongue was extremely well done. Ceviche was fresh, a little too hot for my taste perhaps, but excellent. Too bad there's nothing like this back home in Chicago.

1 Thank Wrx8

Campbellville, Canada
“Great flavours, huge portions, nice people”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Los Andes was recommended to us, and we were not disappointed.
We did have to wait for a table, but sat at the bar and had a great time chatting with the bartender, and enjoyed a drink.
The food is flavourful and the portions are generous.
Try the stuffed mushroom app - may be the best I've ever had!
Prices are reasonable too.
Definitely worth a visit, although I was told it maybe isn't in a part of town you want to wander around in.

1 Thank RNHCville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a Trip”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Thank goodness I have friends 15 minutes from this restaurant. When I drive the 300 miles to RI to visit I have one solid requirement - We eat at Los Andes!
I have eaten in the dining room and take out and either ranks as the best meals I have eaten. Get the Ceviche and the beef heart as apps they are phenomenal. The seafood is incredibly fresh. The Jambalaya special is beyond good. The lobster paella is a must eat. Their grilled meat for two dinners are so awe inspiring I had to order one just for me. I plan on eating here as long as my RI friends can stand me or until I can't make the drive.

1 Thank Terrance H
Fort Worth, Texas
“Five star in the barrio ”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

OMG! Phenomenal restaurant in the neighborhood. All the great reviews (you read) multiplied! Great band. Seriously! Does it get better? The mushrooms, the chicken, the soup, the whipped potatoes, the calamari...damn! If you have one place to go on your own in Providence, take uber to the barrio! The owner will be there and make you write an even better review...were that possible.

1 Thank Chuck N
Providence, Rhode Island
“Consistently goooooood!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Food is always delicious at this restaurant. Drinks too. Everyone is friendly and service is very good. If you are going with a party of more than two,I suggest make reservations. It is usually very busy

1 Thank Maria122805