“Best place in RI”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Andes

Los Andes
Ranked #2 of 797 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Providence, Rhode Island
“Best place in RI”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a must eat place when visiting or living in RI. I went here to celebrate my boyfriend's birhday and our anniversary and it was absoultely amazing. The service we recieved from Los Andes manager was excpectional, he treats all of his guest with respect and listen to each guest concerns with care. Not only did, Omar, the restaurants manager give us two glass of sangria on the house to celebrate our special day, he surprize my boyfriend with a Happy Birthday song.

I recommond the saltenas, ceviche and jalea. Dont let the names of the food scare you, and just be open minded to try it because you will love it. I will be trying the baked stuffed lobster palella the next time I come. I am hoping to make this my quartely restaurant to eat at. Its the best ever.

As a Rhode Island resident I have visted a lot of restaurants and Los Andes takes the cake. The prices are afforable for such a good quality meal. For more bang for your buck, log on to restaurant.com and buy a $25 gift certificate for only $10 bucks. Sometime they have promo codes where you can purchase a gift certificate for as low at $2.00.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank danyell f

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Simple setting--simply delicious!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We enjoyed a big family graduation dinner at Los Andes. Everyone ordered something different, ranging from short ribs to the meaty parilla to lobster paella. Each dish was unique and delicious. We were hoping for the bright green salsa like "sauce' we had enjoyed at a NYC Peruvian restaurant, but the sauces at Los Andes were not the same--good, but just not the same! Service was pretty good in spite of huge crowds.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank idodetails
“Great local restaurant.”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I enjoy trying new places when I travel so I was encouraged to learn our group would be dining at the Peruvian restaurant Los Andes. It's not fancy by any stretch of the imagination. But it is one of those places where you feel comfortable when you sit down. The food was excellent...the service was good but not intrusive....the atmosphere was enjoyable. If you are in Providence and you have the time I would recommend stopping at Los Andes. You'll enjoy.

3 Thank calories
Johnston, Rhode Island
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My Husband and I went to celebrate our Aniversary. We picked a great place to do just that. The food and service was excellent. We will visit there again and again!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank RJS25
Denver, Colorado, United States
“THIS is why you refer to tripadvisor!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Thanks to all the reviewers who made this place tops in Providence, it is truly a unique find! Just a few miles past downtown, I'm sure many people have driven right past without any idea what they were missing. On the last night of our Northeast college tour, my daughter and I decided to try something different to celebrate the end of a very hectic week. We don't have a whole lot of Peruvian in Denver which made this place stand out.

For appetizers we sampled the cheese empanada as well as the caiman house special (as much as I tried, she wouldn't go NEAR this dish!) while many say it tastes like 'chicken', if prepared corrrectly it is far tastier and resembles shrimp or possibly lobster. served with carmelized onions on a bed of fluffy whipped potatoes, this alligator dish was excellent!

The main course consisted of Envuelto de Pollo, a chicken dish rolled up with peppers, cheese, spinach and mushrooms. The Ritz cracker crust finished it perfectly and was enjoyed by my daughter. Our server suggested the Chimpum Callao, a mix of ceviche and Jalea which was just absurdly delicious. Far more food than the two of us could have ever eaten, the Jalea consists of fresh seafood lightly floured and flash fried briefly. sooooo good!

With top notch service and live entertainment, this was easily the best dining experience we had all week on our tour. Do NOT pass up this place but embrace the incredibly rich culture Providence has by affording this gem to rise up to the top of the food chain. Bravo Los Andes!

• Visited May 2012