“Wonderful Week in Providence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Residences on Angell

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Providence
The Residences on Angell
Ranked #3 of 5 Providence B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Week in Providence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a wonderful experience we had in Unit 2 at The Residences on Angell. This beautiful condo was elegant in its architectural detailing as well as its decor, and was a joy to come home to every evening. We loved the little garden behind the house, and enjoyed using the grill to prepare several seafood and steak dinners. The condo's location could not have been better, as it was within walking distance to Wayland Square filled with delightful bistros and interesting retail shops, as well as close to the historic districts of Brown University, RISD and Benefit Street. And the management team was the absolute best! Located on site, both George and Rita were so responsive to our questions and requests - their customer service was exceptional and very much appreciated! Thank you for a wonderful home away from home in Providence. We will recommend The Residences on Angell to family and friends if they're headed to Providence!

Room Tip: Unit 2 was perfect - incredible architecture; bedroom located at back of the building for a good nig...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SASWorldTraveler
RitaDanielleSteele, Owner at The Residences on Angell, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guests again soon. ~ Rita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

We enjoyed nearly six months in the two bedroom apartment as we looked for housing in the area. The apartment is absolutely gorgeous, with elegant furnishings and décor, and beautiful craftsmanship. The chef’s kitchen was a dream come true, as was the covered patio where we ate most of our meals. The staff went beyond the call of duty to ensure we were comfortable and had everything we needed during our stay. The location is fantastic with many restaurants, cafes and shops only steps away. We were reluctant to leave…it truly is a gem!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mlleduke
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed in Unit 1 at The Residences on Angell for 2 months (January-February) while I was working in Rhode Island, far away from my Orange County, California home. Unit 1 truly was a "home away from home" for me beginning on the first day I moved in. When I walked in the back door there was a bottle of wine waiting for me and a detailed welcome letter with all the information I needed to settle into my new home in the Wayland Square area. Everything about the Unit is so inviting and comfortable. It has a gorgeous kitchen with stainless steel appliances and plenty of cooking space. I only found one item missing from the fully functional kitchen -- cookie sheets. I notified the team, and cookie sheets were delivered to me less than 24 hours later! Everyone at GeoProperties was so helpful in every way imaginable. Thank you to everyone on the team for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Tsullivan_11
Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

We spent a month in the 2-bedroom unit and really enjoyed it. The kitchen was an upscale marvel of convenience. Cooking was a joy on the Wolf stove and the open space is very conducive to entertaining. There is an elegant dining room as well as an open air covered dining area (although the weather was too cold to use it during our stay); both spaces would work equally well for a dinner party or a working dinner. The bathrooms are bright and spacious, with roomy bedrooms that have more closet space than you'll need. Every room has wonderful full length windows that flood the apartment with light. It was very clean when we arrived and our security deposit was returned promptly at the end of our stay.
The location is fantastic: we had a locally respected restaurant, an independent bookstore, numerous coffee shops and cafes, and unique independent retailers all within 2 blocks. Brown University is nearby and there is a bus stop across the street. Whole Foods and Eastside Market, both locally-loved grocery stores, are within walking distance.
Staff was very helpful and delivered several packages to our doorstep without our asking. They were unfailingly friendly and concerned that we enjoy our stay.
Why 4 stars instead of 5? The living room and master bedroom could have used a little more furniture (side tables, more seating, floor lamps, night stands, etc.) and a king size bed would have been nice in one of the bedrooms. These omissions may have been addressed since we were there, since the staff was sincerely interested in our suggestions. If so, consider it a 5 star rating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rjacobs_209
RitaDanielleSteele, Owner at The Residences on Angell, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We were thrilled to hear that you had a good stay, and we appreciated your feedback. Since your stay we have made the improvements you recommended, and have added in quite a bit more lighting and furniture into the unit. I hope to see you again in Providence! ~ Rita
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

If you've ever stayed at an extended-stay hotel (one that usually comes with standard hotel amenities but also has a kitchen-- meant for the traveler who isn't traveling for the short-term), you'd have the skeleton idea of this place.

But you don't get a skeleton living space empty of soul or taste or warmth. I loved every minute in the Wayland Hotel Alternative studio space I was in. The furnishings and design were beautiful and the comfort and appreciation of the tenant was clearly a concern for those responsible for preparing the space. While the space was pre-furnished and had mostly everything I needed waiting there for me, the few times I did request certain items (replacements for broken dishware, cleaning supplies), they were promptly at my door within the next few days. The realty staff was warm and friendly, the area is EXTREMELY safe (I generally walked home from work at night and never felt endangered in any way), and the tenants generally keep to themselves.

While the price is not for those who would rather spend their money elsewhere, I couldn't see myself living anywhere that didn't bring a smile to my face and relaxation to my muscles when I opened the door. I feel it was definitely worth it and I would recommend the Wayland Hotel Alternatives to any friend of mine who could afford it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business