“interesting tour, but not very scary”

Providence Ghost Tour
Ranked #7 of 16 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us as we lead you by lantern light through the darkened streets of the historic East Side, sharing with you stories that will be sure to send a chill down your spine. Tours run June through November and every day in July, August, September and October! A great thing to do in Providence anytime, and of course around Halloween!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we purchased this tour through a groupon, and with that it was an excellent deal. it is a walking tour so not recommended for those who have difficulty walking expecially since some of the pavement and sidewalks are not the best. the tours are at night, of course, and they are very informative and interesting. If you are looking for a scary spooky type of tour, this isn;t really for you. You don't actually enter any of the supposedly haunted buildings, and walking around Providence at night with a bunch of people isn;t particularly spooky, but overall the tour is an enjoyable one, and worth the cost, even if you pay the full price.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My 17 year old daughter and I were staying in Providence for a week, and I booked this tour in advanced (great on line website - cost was only $15.00 per person); the tour guide was charming and he seemed to know a lot about the areas and 'ghost stories' while we enjoyed the 1.5 hour walking tour through the Providence School of Design and Brown University Campus. We thought we might get to enter the places where the ghosts had been reported, but alas we were only able to stand outside the structures (The school dorms and buildings and many homes owned by private citizens) and listen to the stories. It was great exercise! Bring comfy shoes and an umbrella - a must!!

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been on a few different walking hunted tours and this one was rather disappointing. Their website plays it up nicely but the actual tour was lacking. If the 10 stories and stops 3 or 4 had nothing spooky or haunting about it. Everything was based around Brown university with a house or two on the way. Seems like they did a 15 minute Google search and built a walk around it.

1  Thank ccrayl
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've done several ghost tours and this one was just ok. It's very informative and the walk isn't tremendously difficult but I just wasn't that into it. The guide was super nice and funny but like I said it just wasn't as appealing to me.

1  Thank darqstone
Reviewed July 22, 2012

In providence looking at schools with my kid and we took the ghost tour without prepurchased tickets on a cool July Friday evening. The guide was sweet and spooky. The ghost stories were interwoven with historical facts about the city. Great time.