“I don't enjoy walking tours and I loved this one.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Providence Ghost Tour

Providence Ghost Tour
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us as we lead you by lantern light through the darkened streets of the historic East Side, sharing with you stories that will be sure to send a chill down your spine. Tours run June through November and every day in July, August, September and October! A great thing to do in Providence anytime, and of course around Halloween!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“I don't enjoy walking tours and I loved this one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

In providence looking at schools with my kid and we took the ghost tour without prepurchased tickets on a cool July Friday evening. The guide was sweet and spooky. The ghost stories were interwoven with historical facts about the city. Great time.

Providence, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
“Extremely Entertaining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am a high school counselor who works with students in a group home. It is VERY hard to find events that capture their attention for more than 30 minutes, so when I read the tour was 90 minutes I was a bit nervous. Well, the girls absolutely LOVED the tour, our guide was extremely informative (even reciting Poe on occasion) and charasmatic. I couldn't believe that the girls did not complain once during the 90 minute walk. It was a beautiful night, and it really gave you a chance to see a beautiful section of Providence as well. I HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone visiting the city. When we returned home, the girls that took the tour bragged to the girls whom opted to stay home about how AWESOME it was.
Thanks again!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun way to learn about old Providence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Learned some history, was entertained and got some exercise for $12 (with coupon code). It started in prospect park with its beautiful views of Providence, some welcomed cool breezes, and the story behind roger williams' grave/memorial/statue. We heard (history and ghostly) stories about lots of great old buildings and houses. I had been on the brown university tour the day before and heard the official (yawn) stories about the buildings... it was much more fun to hear about one building being used as a hospital and morgue during the revolutionary war --and the ghost sitings therein. Do bring a water bottle, wear sneakers, and gird youself for a very steep hill at the end. The group was larger than we expected but the tour guide managed it well. She did a great job ... And earned the tip we gave her at the end.

2 Thank Toshie A
Gales Ferry, CT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lot of history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I really like anything of the supernatural persuasion. I found the ghost tour to be very informative and our guide was great at making the history presented relevant. Some of the stops were based on minor experiences (someone claiming they heard noises in one of the rooms) but there were a lot of things I never knew about Providence (such as Poe and Lovecraft's time spent there). Most of the stories were pretty creepy! There was a good balance of historical information and unsettling accounts. The view of the city from in the park where the tour meets is beautiful and there is a lot of unique architecture to see along the way. It's definitely different. I went in July and enjoyed the tour, but I think around Halloween would be a great time to go, too. We walked down to Water Fire afterwards (right nearby). The tour obviously has a decent amount of walking, which I didn't mind. It is probably best for older children and adults, but is well-balanced and accessible to a wide range of ages.

Hartland, ME
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Providence Ghost Tour--wicked good fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I went on the tour on the first Friday of May. It was everything I hoped it would be. Spooky, historical, fun, informative. I learned a great deal about the history of the East Side of Providence as well as having the hair on the back of my neck stand up more than a few times. Only one word of caution, they didn't name a section of Providence "College Hill" for nothing. A small percentage of the tour is a little challenging so wear comfortable shoes.

Visited May 2012