Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,171 results
All reviews outdoor pool bluefin grille free parking front desk the concierge lounge bluefish shuttle service business meeting the entire staff upon check hotel restaurant brown university new england rhode island federal hill convention center aqua
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We absolutely loved our experience. First and foremost, the service was absolutely great. Dannica who checked us in a beautiful and renovated rooms have excellent recommendations for restaurant. The free shuttle saves you from driving and parking. Everyone we encountered was helpful and friendly.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
JMCDRI, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jasmccarthy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Providence Marriott Downtown. Dannica will be recognized for her amazing service. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed our newly redesigned guest rooms. We have exciting changes taking place in 2020. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel and team were both amazing. We were greated upon check-in with complimentary glasses of champagne and drinks for the kids. They provided a free pizza party at the pool for all the children. They opened up a function hall for the kids to play knee hockey in. The hotel director of operations came into work (on his day off) to help clear off snow off of the guests cars in the morning.
We will definitely be back again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear A1844UVbrianc,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. We are thrilled that you and your family had such a great time during your visit to the Providence Marriott Downtown. We look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There wasn't anything NOT to like about this place. New room was clean, modern, really comfortable. But best of all the staff were exceptionally nice. From server in the restaurant, housekeeper in the hallway and bartender everyone were amazing. But big shout out to Dannica at check in/out who made our stay wonderful. She was helpful and professional throughout our stay. I highly recommend this place!!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear alex_ddavid,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Providence Marriott Downtown. Dannica will be recognized and celebrated for her amazing service. We are delighted that you loved our newly redesigned guest rooms. We are excited for you to return to see the exciting changes we have made.
Until next time,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for weekend gymnastics meet for granddaughter. Arrived early and was greeted by Dannica and Mario at front desk. Very pleasant and helpful. Were able to check in early and gave us rooms near each in our party.

Our deluxe king room very spacious and clean. The double bed room also very clean.

Ate lunch at hotel. Was a long wait for the food after ordering and order was wrong when it came out. When another waitress brought food apologized and said it was a shift change that caused the mix up. But they very promptly made it right by redoing the kids pizza and boxing it up for later.

After the gymnastics meet when we returned Mario greeted us and asked her how she did and congratulated her. He also asked if we would like two large pizzas to bring to room and gave them to us.

It snowed that night and when we cane down for breakfast Mario offered to shovel out our car! Dannica at desk again for sign out and asked how the meet went. Very pleasant check out.

Excellent staff and stay! Thanks Marriott!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear emilyn360,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Providence Marriott Downtown. Dannica and Mario will be recognized for their exceptional service. We apologize for the room service issue you experienced but are so glad that the team made it right. We are delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed you stay. We look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay at a lot of Marriotts but had never been to this one. On arrival Mario (front desk manager?) checked me in. He was very friendly and helpful and walked me through the lobby to give me the lay of the land and point out the restaurant, lounge etc. Loved the room - very nice newly renovated. The hotel was sold out with a kids hockey weekend so lots of people around but I wasn’t once disturbed in my quiet room - which is saying something cause you know how hockey players can be. ;)

I also happen to be one of those longtime pesky vegans and while it’s getting easier everywhere, I like to check with the restaurant on arrival. So I asked the hostess about options and she said of course they’d be happy to do something and before I knew it she went and brought Chris the chef out. The guy was fantastic and could not have been more friendly or enthusiastic! He already had a cauliflower cream soup made that happened to be vegan (almond milk) and gave me other options for an entree. I had a local buddy coming by later to join me for dinner who is not vegan. We both started with the soup and it was awesome - even my buddy loved it! Then he had the salmon and for me Chris prepared a delicious cauliflower steak with an amazing sauce and quinoa and crispy tofu. One of the best meals I’ve had which is why I’m going on about it. We were both happy campers. Chris came out to check on us too. Just superb service and food! I’m going to try his vegan beet risotto tonight.

So this really is a full service hotel in every way.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Phxbos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Providence Marriott Downtown. We are thrilled that Chef Chris had a chance to visit with you. Our entire culinary team is always ready to accommodate with dietary modifications for our guests. We are just thrilled that you and your friend enjoyed your dinners. We look forward to serving you next time.