1,845 results
All reviews outdoor pool bluefin grille free parking front desk the concierge lounge bluefish shuttle service business meeting the entire staff upon check brown university convention center rhode island federal hill aqua downtown event
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Marriott in Providence is not a good choice. Our room was not ready on-time because the previous occupant vacated late, who's fault was that? The room smelled like must & mildew. The hallways were not climate controlled. The building is very dated and is in need of remodeling. We attempted to eat at the pool-side restaurant but could never get service. I emailed the manager to express my concerns and received a form letter saying they were sorry. It seemed like my issues were on her list of many.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WifeLovesToTravel
PVDRI_JD, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Dear WifeLovesToTravel,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. I am sorry you had to wait for your room. I completely understand how disappointing and inconvenient that can be. I have spoken to the manager that oversees our poolside lounge, AQUA, and we agreed that we would like to discuss this matter with you further. If you would be so kind to email me directly, you can reach me at jdahler@marriottprovidence.com as I would like to better understand what happened here.
Jennifer Dahler, Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications

Reviewed October 17, 2016

I am a Marriott rewards member and have visited this Marriott a few times all with some sort of disappointment. The entire building needs to be refurbished. It is run down and the room are just so so.
The pool was crowded and loud.
The room was located on the 5th floor it was smelly and hot. The air conditioning is old.
The front desk people were very nice but didnt really have a great response to the complaints that I expressed.
Best part the shuttle service was great!

Room Tip: not the best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank laurelh990
PVDRI_JD, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear Laurel H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I have shared your comments with the entire hotel team and we are looking at how we can communicate better to our guests.
I apologize that you were not satisfied with your room. Our pool can sometimes be crowded as it is the only connecting indoor and outdoor pools in the state.
Thank you for mentioning how great our complimentary shuttle is for our guests. We truly appreciate that you shared your experience with us.
Jennifer Dahler, Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The hotel is perfectly located , close to downtown . We had booked a king-sized bed but when we arrived we discovered that they were going to place us in a room for 2 doubles. They accommodated our wish by giving us a handicapped accessible room which turned out to be just fine... the only thing missing was a bathtub... and since I only take showers ... well it worked out very well...as the bathroom was even larger than a normal bathroom. I asked for a robe and one was waiting for me. I thought the housekeeping staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank zarlena
Reviewed October 15, 2016

We had a nice room but had trouble getting the housekeeping staff to clean it. It was a comedy of errors. They had us checking out and when I asked them to clean the room they seemed to think it was an imposition. We had a room near the pool but unfortunately there was no way to lock the room from the outside so it was not an advantage to have a room there, we still had to walk around. Also the air conditioner from the rooms above dripped on you when you did go outside. Like I said potential that falls short. Pool is very nice.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula M
PVDRI_JD, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Dear Paula M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I apologize for the miscommunication about the duration of your stay. Also, I have spoken with the engineering team about your door and the air conditioner above your room. We will address that as our poolside rooms are known for the benefit of relaxing on the patio. Thank you for mentioning that our pools are so awesome. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Jennifer Dahler, Strategic Marketing & Communications Director

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Elizabeth St. Vil is the best. She provides excellent customer service and always has a smile on her face! The lounge has recently added additional food choices which is greatly appreciated. I would recommend this hotel for any business trips as it is close to downtown and has a good restaurant.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business