Providence Marriott Downtown
  • Breakfast included
$239
$219
  • Room Service
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
$126
Orbitz.com
1,615 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolfree parkingbluefin grillethe concierge loungebluefishshuttle servicefront desk staffbusiness meetingthis past weekendthe entire staffupon checkbrown universitynew englandfitness centerfederal hillrhode islandaqua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've been staying at this property for 2 years. During this time I've become familiar to the staff members. Meaning they are familiar with my likes and dislikes. Recently new staff have come on board. They have been awesome. Elizabeth in the concierge lounge is very pleasant. She greets me when I arrive and makes sure the food and water in the lounge is always available. It makes a difference when someone holds conversations with you that don't seem forced. Very genuine. And Blake (shuttle driver) is also great. I usually call for my afternoon pick up and before I mention who I am and where to pick up me he greets me and says he will be there at the needed time. With me being away from family it's always a great feeling to feel like you belong. Although they are not new staff members...Chris Agostino, Todd and Roland make my day each time I stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Nett530,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Thank for staying with us for the last two years. I am so pleased we have taken such good care of you and that your great experience has been seamless - even through changes in staff. I will be sure to share you compliments with the whole hotel team. Thank you again for your loyalty.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Your standard Marriott hotel... clean, friendly staff, conveniently located, looks good, nothing to complain about really. Good that a hotel in the city has a pool, although I didn't get a chance to use it as I was just there to spend the night and leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Osvir_TA,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our connecting indoor and outdoor pools are immensely popular. We hope to see you poolside this summer!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel was absolutely outstanding in terms of customer service, friendliness, attentiveness and overall taking care of the team meeting I hosted. I am so impressed with the sales staff, the reception staff, the restaurant and catering staff - just all of it! There is no question, I will return here for my next meetings! Kristen Esper was especially wonderful as she was friendly, responsive and ready to deliver all that she promised. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank karin d

Dear KD,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us! I will be sure that Kristin is recognized for her exceptional service is assisting you with planning your event. We will see you when you plan your next meeting. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Check-in and check-out is easy. Room was clean. Food and service at the BlueFin Restaurant was awesome. Of course I love the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub and outside bar. Just a great overall environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8Friar4

Dear 8Friar4,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I was so pleased to read you had such an excellent experience at the Bluefin Grille - both the food and service are great. Our outdoor poolside lounge, AQUA, is very popular in the summer time. We hope to see you poolside this summer!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel every week since last 1 year. I am always welcome by a very warm and hospitable staff . They take care of every small need you have when you travel away from home for work.

Happen to possess a sweet tooth and I always order a chocolate lava cake after dinner , the chef always puts extra effort to make sure you get your personal preference in the way you want it , also the presentation of food comes off as an extremely pleasant surprise . I would mAke special mention of Chef Yaritza - amazing cook and kudos !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Ankusume4u,
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our associates who made your stay with us extraordinary and for reviewing our hotel. I was delighted to read that our Chef took extra special care of you - to be sure your favorite dessert was just right. Thank you again. You can be sure I have shared your comments with the entire staff.