“Great place to stay!”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed @ Mattiott downtown last weekend and had a great experience. Upon arrival Cheese and crackers at check-in to extremely comfortable rooms and a staff that goes out their way to make you feel as welcome as possible. Highly recommend this property. Looking forward to going back once the warmer weather arrives and enjoy "Aqua" their outdoor bar. Really nice place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Jim C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is helpful and we use it as a training tool in our hotel. Hope to see you poolside this summer! Thanks again for the great review!
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff at this location are friendly and professional. Although most of the staff deserves a perfect five star rating, Chrissy S is off the charts deserving a 10 stars. Her genuine warmth and interest in helping people feel welcomed is one of the greatest gifts to the tired traveler.
Chrissys keen intuition helps to guide her to accommodate the hotel guest/traveler.
Great job Orms Street Team!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TheJ0llyLlama

Dear TheJ0llyLlama,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. You identified Chrissy as an associate who truly impacted your stay for the better. She is awesome and has been recognized by the City of Providence for her exceptional hospitality skills. Thank you for giving her and the rest of us a perfect 5-star rating! Hope to see you poolside this summer!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had a meeting at the hotel on April 11 & 12. Everything was perfect - no complaints. The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was great, I was a little leery of including the baked scrod with the dinner buffet on Friday but it was excellent. Victoria, Rebecca, Bob and all our servers for the event were great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Regional01,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you also for identifying which associates positively impacted you visit with us. I will be sharing your comments with the whole hotel team. I will be sure to point out Victoria, Rebecca, Bob and all the servers for your event were excellent.
Thank you again!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently attended an event at the hotel and Ryan Houlihan was responsible for our table. He was courteous, kind, and prompt the entire evening. I have never had such a wonder server! Everyone at our table was bragging about him. He is an asset to the Marriott chain.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear CL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kudos you had for Ryan Houlihan. I will be sure to share your review with my whole hotel team. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I decided to do a package deal and it was 160 for the hotel, breakfast, and a 75$ gift certificate for the bluefin grille. I can't say enough good about our stay! The beds were so comfortable. Dinner was good. Breakfast was delicious! The man on the omlet station obviously loved his job and it showed. He knew so many people by first name. He was singing and just enjoying his shift. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Beckyandjosh,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am delighted that you booked our Ultimate Dining Package - it is a great deal. The Bluefin Grille is award-winning and has a culinary team like no other in Providence. I am so thrilled you had an awesome breakfast experience. Our omelette chefs know their stuff! Hope to see you poolside this summer!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice hotel with plenty of amenities, including a nice pool and concierge lounge; the rooms are nicely appointed with nice beds, however, small and in need of a major overhaul. Still, not a bad place to stay for a few nights. The gym is small, but they have professional fitness trainers that really know what they are doing. The front desk staff are uber friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear GR,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for letting us know how great you think our associates are - especially the front desk - they are uber friendly and helpful. We hope to see you poolside this summer!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been traveling for a project for the past month in RI and stayed in Lincoln courtyard, but this week I decided to stay in Marriott downtown and did not enjoy my stay. I requested for a bigger room as this is the first time I brought my kids with me. There was nothing they could do for me. I asked several times. The bathroom is so tiny with rust on the shower faucet. I suggested to the front desk that I will change my reservations to just one night from 4 nights and they were like you are more than welcome to. Which I will as I did not feel welcome in this place. My colleague had warned me and I still came here! never again

Room Tip: The double bed room is not suitable for a family of four - unless you want to be cramped
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear KC,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to share your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. I have my Operations teams looking into why we could not accommodate your requests and why your room was in the condition you described. I appreciate that you gave us a try since you typically stay in Lincoln. I hope you will reconsider and when you visit the Providence area again, you choose to stay with us. Your kids will sure enjoy our indoor and outdoor connecting pools. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss you stay.