“Good location, comfortable stay”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stopped on the way from NYC to Boston and had a very nice stay. The hotel is right off of the interstate. The registration desk attendants were extremely nice. The layout of the hotel is unusual and seems geared towards conventions; however once we found our room, we had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am pleased to know that our front desk made you feel so welcome. Our location is awesome - so close to just about everything fun to do in Providence. Where your feet won't take you, our complimentary shuttle will. We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Providence Marriott Downtown

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This Marriott has an arrangement with a personal training company called VIP or VP Fitness or they have arranged this company to run their fitness center. Sounds good if you like to pay for a personal trainer, right? But alas, if you don't, good luck trying to get a work out in. The first time I tried to work out here, there was a trainer with a client who completely hogged all the weight area space for about an hour. They had a loaded barbell they were doing deadlifts with on the floor and they were doing bench presses in the power rack. The trainer must have had the client do about 10 sets of each with tons of talking between sets. I couldn't even get to the dumbbell rack behind them nor use the leg machines because they took up the entire space. I did some cardio and some rope work while I waited and waited and waited for them to finish up. I only had an hour to work out so I finally had to leave. I noticed that they were finally done with the barbells but didn't even take off the weights or move the equipment. The trainer also had the audacity to tell me to move the ropes as they were in the way and if a left coffee cup was mine. I had head phones on the whole time and it wasn't my trash. The next time I tried to work out the place was mobbed with people working out all over the place (they need a MUCH larger gym minus the attitudes of the trainers) and this time I heard another trainer say that "they'll just take over" the area. The trainers are essentially bullies who think they can hog all the space because they are getting paid by clients with zero regard for the hotel paying guests! The WORST hotel gym experience I ever had. Now, if you don't work out, you'll be Ok. The hotel management greets people at the door, they offer hot cider, they answer questions politely and offer the free shuttle service to restaurants. Message to Marriott: your arrangement with this third party personal training company destroyed my experience at this hotel--hopefully this is just one hotel that has done this as I am a Marriott Gold member and usually enjoy my Marriott stays.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Irony093
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I certainly apologize for your experience in our fitness center. Our most important goal is to provide our guests with an extraordinarily memorable experience. I do hope you will take into account the great things you mentioned that you liked about our hotel and will visit us again.
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here in September of 2013 for Fire-Water. It's a great location, an easy 10 minute walk to the water front. The hotel was full due to a wedding that evening, but we were able to check in early. I have Marriott Silver Elite status and we were upgraded to a room on the concierge floor. The room was spacious with floor to ceiling windows (however they looked out over the highway).The bathroom was large but was just a shower/tub combination, nothing special. The indoor/outdoor pool area is really great for a hotel in New England where pools are often somewhat lacking, particularly in city hotels. I would definitely return here for other trips to downtown Providence.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear tjb42,
Thank you for your excellent review and recommendation for our hotel. WaterFire is an amazing and very special event in Providence. The new season will start in the next few months. Hope you think of us when you are planning your visit. AQUA opens soon! Happy Spring!!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My second visit at this Marriott, the service is exceptional especially our waiter at dinner! Nick R was pleasant and tentative, a friendly face and excetional recommendations made our dining experience. Will Definately be returning for another great visit! Thanks to all the fabulous staff!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany J

Dear BJ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's wonderful for us to know that the quality of service and genuine care our associates provided made you decide you should visit again. It is even greater is that you were more wowed this visit than the last. I will be sure that Nick is recognized for his exceptional service. He is great. Thanks again! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was looking to take my grandchildren away for the day and decided on the Marriott Downtown Providence. We arrived on a very snowy day and were checked in and in our room in no time. The front desk staff were great providing me with all of the information I needed for restaurants for the kids in local area. As we got to our room, Jintana our guest service agent was putting the finishing touches on our room. She was very friendly and courteous and she made the grandchildren very comfortable. I took the children to the wonderful pool that they have where they really enjoyed themselves. On our return to the room, we found a very lovely note from Jintana and a gift certificate for a pizza for the grand-children. What more can I say, just going above and beyond to help others enjoy themselves.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 135peyton
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear 135peyton,
Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. Jintana is awesome and she has been recognized by the entire hotel for her excellent way with our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I never have time to really write a review but I could not help but share my great experience at the Marriott. Not only did I find the hotel immaculate but the service was 5 star all the way. I left behind a very expensive pair of eye glasses and the timely manner in which they were returned and also the packaging that was done was very impressive. Also I wanted to touch on the staff members that are part of the house keeping department who were directly responsible.(Nicole)...I also want to mention the folks in the gym. The gym was very work out friendly and included a top notch staff,(Stephanie). Cant wait to return and use the fitness plan I purchase that was very reasonable for any traveler......

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Frank p

Dear Frank p,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have recognized Nichole and her team for taking such good care of you. I am also pleased that you are enjoying the services by VP Fitness at Club Pace, our on-site personal training partners.
Thank you again for taking the time. Take care and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Held a two-day meeting in February 2014 that included meeting space, hotel accomodations & meal preparation. Beginning with my interraction with the Corporate Sales Manager to the Convention Services Manager the planning was as smooth as you would want. The meeting convention staff was outstanding. It was very clear that the Marriott's goal was to please its guests and that is exactly what the staff did for my group. They responded quickly and professionally to all our requests.

I would clearly use this hotel again for any upcoming meetings that I would need to arrange.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear vonraden,
Thank you for your excellent review of your experience at the Providence Marriott Downtown. Thank you for recognizing our Corporate Sales Manager and our Events Manager. I am pleased to know that they and their teams took such good care of you. We hope you will think of us again when you plan your next meeting/conference or trip to Providence.