“A bit on the aged side for a Marriott property.”

Providence Marriott Downtown
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Decent enough of a hotel, on the edge of downtown but not in downtown proper. Closer to the state house than it is to what I would consider downtown Providence. It's a clean hotel, new lobby, the restaurant service and food are good. Nice fitness facility. The rooms however are fairly small, not much room to move around beyond the bed and and chair/footrest shoehorned into the corner. The beds are comfortable with a good selection of pillows available as per standard Marriott property.

The air conditioners however are painfully old zoneair units and they are unbelievable loud. If you are there at a time of year that you can shut it off great, but if not expect to require earplugs for a sound sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Eric F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do apologize if your HVAC was noisy. We want every guest to have a good night's sleep so please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are visiting Providence. We will be sure that everything is just perfect. jdahler@marriottprovidence.com Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned home from a weekend stay at the Providence Marriott. The hotel was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly. We requested a microwave upon check in and it arrived promptly. The room was a pool view double with plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children. We got to enjoy the pool and hang out in the lobby, which is a great place to have a drink and relax. Loved having Starbucks available at the hotel gift shop for morning coffee. We did a lot of walking - this hotel isn't too far from anything if you don't mind walking or taking the shuttle. Also, we ate dinner one night at Harry's Bar & Burgers on North Main Street - highly recommend it. We will definitely return to the Providence Marriott and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Pool view room was nice but I think that in the summer it will be loud considering they have an outd...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear dleigh7,
What a great review! Thank you! I am so glad that you got a chance to experience Providence on foot and found so much within walking distance of the hotel. We are know for our staff's knowledge of the local area so I'm glad we helped you discover such a cool place like Harry's. For those who prefer a ride, our complimentary shuttle service is awesome - taking you anywhere within a 1.5 mile radius of the hotel. Thanks again and see you soon! PS: Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, is opening next month. You will love it!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Providence Downtown Marriott for one night on business. The hotel was very clean the room and bed was very comfortable. I had the buffet breakfast which was very good. The staff were very friendly and check in was very quick. My only problem was that the pool and hot tub were closed and I only got an email a day or two before letting me know this. I would definitly come back to this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear bshfdan,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience at the Providence Marriott Downtown. It certainly was our pleasure to host you. I do apologize that our pool was temporarily not in service during your stay. We were conducting necessary maintenance during that time so that our indoor and outdoor connecting pools could be ready to roll for the summer season. They look gorgeous! When you return, you can see the results. Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, will be opening next month. So you have lots of great things to look forward to. We look forward to your next stay with us and for another opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

With a great view of the downtown and Waterplace Park along with the Financial district you will be quite pleased by the great location of the Marriott Hotel in Providence,R.I.. A wonderful place to have an event of any kind. The hotel is kept up to date and is furnished very nicely. The rooms are very nice and clean.The staff is outstanding and seem to know what you need before you even know you need it.

Room Tip: try to get a room up high so you can get to see the whole city laid out. You will like it very much...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Staying at the Providence Marriott Downtown was an unbelievable experience. From the time my husband and I walked through the entrance until the time we left, we were treated like a king and queen. The front desk staff went above and beyond, especially Nichole, Sara and Chrissy! The shuttle bus service was a perfect touch to getting us where we needed to go in great timing. The restaurant, Blue Fin Grilee, was one of the best that I have eaten at and the restaurant staff were extremely accommodating and helpful with whatever we needed. I would definitely stay here again and again and of course recommend it to many people. Thank you Providence Marriott Downtown for making me and my husband's romantic getaway just that!!

Room Tip: Staff service is remarkable!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Christy C,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate a romantic weekend with us! We are so pleased that Nichole, Sara and Chrissy took such good care of you. I will be sure to share this with the team. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Our outdoor poolside lounge AQUA will be opening next month. If you loved the Bluefin Grille, you will also love AQUA. See you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer and travel for business a few nights per week generally. This trip brought me for a quick over-nighter to the Providence, RI area. Although I generally stay in the less expensive Courtyard hotels, I found a great rate for this stay at the Marriott downtown (it was Holy Thursday). The stay was generally what one would expect from a Marriott and for that, I give this hotel a big thumbs up.
What made this stay different is the 2 young ladies (both employees) I had the pleasure of meeting, Mindy and April. My guess is that they are both in their mid twenties; Mindy (an aspiring artist) works in the coffee shop and April works in guest services I believe. My first conversation was with Mindy, and somehow we began talking about my last name, Hazard, we can trace our roots back to having originally settled in RI; when I mentioned the Hazard Castle in Narragansett, Mindy was truly interested in knowing more.
When I came back for my second cup of coffee, April was there, checking in with Mindy and we conversed about my previous conversation because April had just been to Narragansett the night before and as I explained my family's history, the Hazard Castle and the stories of witches and druids in my history, April became engaged as well...telling me that her family had been excommunicated from France several generations ago for reasons believed to be associated with the oldest profession on record! (Ha! fascinating to a warm blooded guy!).
Just before leaving, I went back in to ask Mindy her (and April's) name so that I can mention them specifically here, she became interested in my side work as a "travel" blogger, and I learned of her aspirations in art...this lead to another conversation on blogging, networking etc. and I gave her a few tips.
The message of this review is two-fold...Mr. Marriott...keep up the good work in finding and training young people the art of interacting with other people...these two young ladies were personable, friendly, professional and actually looked me in my eyes with genuine interest and attention (this is not very common amongst 20 somethings these days). Mindy and April...thank you for genuinely engaging in a brief conversation with me...I love people! And I truly enjoyed meeting both of you. I hope Mindy will reach out to me through my blog as I would love to see where she goes with her art aspirations.
Readers...my stay at the Marriott in Providence was uneventful, my meal in the Bluefin Grille was excellent (as was the service) and my room was excellent...but for me...PEOPLE ARE WHAT MAKE A GREAT BUSINESS and this stay was exceptional...thank you Mindy and April!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear SkipJack-Belize,
What an awesome review! Thank you so much for you detailed comments. I have shared your review with our team. We appreciate guest feedback and learn from everything posted. Yes, we really read this stuff! We hope you will choose the Providence Marriott Downtown the next time you visit Providence.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott, found it to be easily accessible to highways and downtown Providence, malls shopping and minutes to Twin River Casino! Overall the rooms were tidy and clean, a bit small, beds where full not queens, but comfy! The staff were very friendly and they have a great room you can sit have dinner and drinks and just relax. Food was great too!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Karen D,
We are so delighted that you and your sister had such a good time during your stay! We hope that the next time you visit you and your sister select one of our awesome getaway experiences - like our Twin River Experience. We feature one every month and you can find that information on our Special Offers page. We hope you have happy holiday this week and that spring has sprung where you live! See you soon!