Providence Marriott Downtown
Hotel Providence(Providence)
$157
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

Omni Providence Hotel(Providence)
$171
$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
$129
$152
Courtyard
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$189
$159
$139
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

1,695 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolfree parkingbluefin grillethe concierge loungebluefishshuttle servicefront desk staffbusiness meetingthis past weekendthe entire staffhotel restaurantupon checkbrown universitynew englandfitness centerfederal hillrhode island
Reviewed January 17, 2012

we stay at this hotel often as our daughter moved to the area. The staff is very friendly accomidating the free parking, free shuttle to downtown .The rooms are spacious clean and quiet.Id rec. to anyone needing to stay in providence, good location to major highways. Coffee shop restaurant and bar all good quality food and beverages.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Jen_PVD, Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Dubrule,
We are so happy to know you have found a home away from home when you visit your daughter. That's the best news we've heard today! We look forward to seeing you often. I have shared your comments with our hotel team. Thanks for the praises! See you soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We chose this hotel because it had some of the highest ratings...what are people's standards, these days? When we arrived at 4:30pm, one and a half hours AFTER the check-in time, we were told one of our two rooms was not ready. I asked what time check in was and I was told, "3pm but there's a Hockey Tournament group staying here as well." I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with your housekeeping department not having my room ready? We were given a $20 discount on the room, which we paid $189 a night for to begin with. When we pulled up to the hotel after driving through the ghetto for what seemed to be 30 minutes, I was shocked to see the location of the hotel. We were about a 10 minute drive from downtown Providence, not within walking distance of anything at all besides maybe a KFC. When we got into our rooms (adjoining), the bathroom is outdated, looks like housekeeping does not pay attention to detail when cleaning, and is the size of a small closet, literally. The sink drain had something crusted into it, the paint near the bottom of the door frame was old and peeling, and the shower had mold and mildew grown into the tile grout. It was disgusting. The bed was large but felt like sleeping on a piece of plywood. The comforter cover feels like it is made of some kind of water resistant plastic, and the pillows are huge and impossible for anyone to lay their head down on. I have been in many hotels before and I would even rate the Quality Inn in Great Lakes, Chicago, as being cleaner than this room. I have stayed at Courtyard by Marriott in Orlando, Florida and that hotel outdid this one by many, many miles. The adjoining room was the same story, so this tells me we didn't just have an isolated bad experience. We didn't use the pools or any other amenities, we only stayed for one night but when I visit a hotel, cleanliness and comfort are priority over the amenities.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank houdelin

Dear houdelin,
I do apologize for your experience. It's not a good way to start off your stay and intensifies everything else along the way. If you would like to contact me directly, I would like to speak with you about your experience. You can email me at jdahler@marriottprovidence.com

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Free parking! hard to find in Providence. Staff very friendly to kids, one of ours mentioned she likes the receptionists New Years hat...and they gave her one!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth C
Jen_PVD, Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Babyruth16,
Happy New Year! Thank you for your excellent feedback about your stay. We are the only hotel in Providence that offers free parking - so yes, it is hard to find unless you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We strive to create exceptional guest experiences for the folks that stay with us and your comments just prove that we are reaching that goal. Hope to see you soon! PS: Glad you liked the hat!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

As a Platinum member we got a concierge room. Since it was Brown's family weekend, the hotel opened up the concierge for breakfast. While it was crowded, we were able to sleep well. My only complaint was that we inquired about the shuttle going to downtown Providence and never received a call back. I understand the circumstances of a busy weekend, but that is poor customer service especially from a full service Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dnumgis02
Jen_PVD, Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Dnumgis02,
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over Brown University Family Weekend. That is a busy weekend in Providence and it's good to know that you had a restful experience at our hotel. I'm not sure what the disconnect was with our communication about our complimentary shuttle but I do apologize if you felt that we were not responsive. Next time you are visiting Brown/Providence, please be sure to let us know when you need the shuttle (reservations required) and we will be happy to get you to where you need to go. We hope to see you soon and you'll be excited to hear about our new City Advantage program (discounts and guest benefits throughout the city) when you check in. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here in Sept. for a conference, and was not overly impressed. I tend to seek out Marriott because they do not usually disappoint me, but this one was just blah! Staff were not overly friendly, decor is drab. Room is clean and bed nice, but overall smaller than what I am used to from Marriott. Seems like this place is an afterthought! It is not downtown either! You have to risk your life crossing major roads filled with crazy Rhode Island drivers to get to downtown where there are great shops and restaurants. You need a cab to safely get there from here. Felt like I overpaid to be underwhelmed....

Room Tip: Ask for one at the opposite end of the hall as the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Jen_PVD, Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear Mary H
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I like to think of Providence as rather pedestrian friendly. Next time, you certainly should utilize our complimentary shuttle service to avoid any pedestrian situations like you experienced. We are happy to take you where you need to go - anywhere within a 1.5 mile radius of the hotel. Hope you have a very Happy New Year and hope you will give us another try soon.