“Great sized rooms, nice touches”

Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Great sized rooms, nice touches”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed in one of the suites on a business trip. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, especially for preparing for meetings with a sofa and coffee table as well as a large writing desk. The bathroom and especially the shower were very large, which is always nice. The King sized bed was also very comfortable and the rooms were quiet.

Great location, near to everything, opposite the old mall, but on a quiet street.

A good hotel with a few simple touches that would mean that I would definitely recommend it. For example we sat in for the complimentary breakfast which was well stocked, but I noticed also that there were 'on-the-run' breakfast bags, which was thoughtful. They also had a little bottle of mouthwash in the bathroom, I didn't need it, but I did pocket it (sorry) for plane journeys.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Having the "extras" that we offer complimentary makes all the difference and I am very happy you stayed with us and had the time to enjoy them! The "on the run" breakfast bags are a big hit with our guests and even if you have time to eat, they are great for a later snack as well! Thank you for your review and come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Providence, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Extremely friendly staff, super comfortable room and bed. Excellent location in Providence, RI, with excellent security. A beautiful place to stay that is close to the colleges and downtown. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed our secure location and all the amenities we have to offer!
Reviewed November 13, 2013

In town for a girls weekend. Love staying here! Comfortable, spacious, cozy and super clean room. Located in the heart of downtown Providence. Our request for extra towels were delivered within minutes. The breakfast area is full of options for everyone and the space is relaxing and inviting. There is a "home" like feel to this hotel with very secure door and elevator features. The General Manager makes every effort to make sure you enjoy your stay in the city. I LOVE Hampton Inn Downtown Providence !

• Stayed November 2013
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I am so happy that you had such a great time! We aim to please and if you are not completely satisfied, neither are we! I'm glad you enjoyed all that we have to offer, including our great complimentary hot breakfast buffet! There are indeed lots of choices...something for everyone! I hope you come back soon and stay with us again!
Mgarr, Malta
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We could not fault this hotel in any way. We had a king size suite which comprised of a small kitchen (with sink, microwave and fridge), large bedroom with very comfortable king sized bed / sitting area including large granite top sink, bathroom with power shower, everything was spotlessly clean. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, hot oatmeal, bread and pastries. Tea and coffee was available all day as was fruit and biscuits. Wifi was available throughout the hotel. The hotel was in an excellent location for everything that downtown Providence had to offer including the many lovely restaurants - too many to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I am happy to see you got to enjoy some of our city's great restaurants. We are located right in the heart of all the best ones! You will have to come back so you can try them all!
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my first time in Rhode Island. The staff were extremely and helpful. I didn't have to ask twice for anything! the location is ideal so you do not have to rent a car. I could walk to down town and Brown University easily and quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Nikki B
We hope you enjoyed your first visit to RI! We are glad you picked us to make the visit perfect! We are very close to most Providence attractions and hope you had a chance to see all our state (and our hotel) has to offer. We hope you come back soon and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
London
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I couldn't really fault this hotel. My room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, and well equipped with sofa/coffee table, desk etc. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The location was ideal for a day walking around the sights of downtown Providence. I also appreciated the free wifi throughout the hotel and free newspapers with breakfast.

I arrived by car, and it would be nice not to be obliged to use the hotel's valet car parking service - but that was something I was aware of at the time of booking. It's a city centre hotel and after a brief internet search I couldn't find any better public parking options in the vicinity so was reassured that the $25 fee for the night was reasonable.

One other observation was that I have never seen such a completely self-service breakfast buffet before. Guests help themselves using polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery, even to the point of making your own waffles! It left me actually quite impressed at the ingenuity of serving such a good range of breakfast options with minimal staff intervention.

Overall I was very happy that I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: I chose a King Room with Study, which was equally priced with a King Room when I booked it, and very...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nick D
Lauren P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your spotless room and our great breakfast! Just a few things to note, all of our utensils, plates, cups, etc. are actually not plastic but made from a company called Enviroware and everything is biodegradable so we are doing our part to help the environment in being green! We look forward to your next stay, please come back soon!
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, typical of old New-England buildings. Complimentary wifi (a bit slow) and breakfast
Well located, central downtown (Providence is a real nice midsize city). Valet is a bit expansive though (25$)
Staff very kind and professional
Nice room with comfortable bed

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and I would like you to know that if valet seems expensive there are alternate self parking lots around the area that range from $15-$20 per night. (We just don't own a parking lot). Also, we are the lowest valet parking cost in the city, so I hope this helps with your decision for your next stay. We would love to have you back!