The room was large. The bed was more than average comfortable, and extra points for still using real bedsheets instead of one big duvet like a lot of hotels these days.
The free breakfast was hot, and that's the most I can say for it. Coffee was better than average, though. I wish they had real cream, but few restaurants or hotels do these days.
On the downside:
1. The TV remote barely worked, and had no sleep timer.
2. The huge widescreen TV had only standard definition programming and was set to expand everyone to weird proportions. Why bother buying big TV flat panel TVs if you're going to cheap out on the cable?
3. There was a nightlight in the room that could not be turned off and was very annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown is Providence's newest hotel and we are the only hotel in downtown to offer a free hot breakfast buffet. We are located in the heart of the financial district and are in walking distance to Providence Performing Arts Center, Providence Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Center, Brown University, Johnson & Wales, RI School of Design, Providence Place Mall, Waterfire, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Providence Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel Providence
- Hampton Inn Providence