I was staying in Providence for a week-long conference at the convention centre so chose the Hampton Inn as it had good reviews, while still being only a 5-10 minute walk from the conference and the Amtrak rail station.
My room was a decent size, with a very large and comfortable bed, large bathroom with excellent shower and a fairly decent wifi connection (although it was slow at peak times in the evenings). Breakfast was the standard Hampton-Inn buffet, so I stuck to the Granola and yoghurt to play it safe as the hot food never looks that appetising. It's a shame, as a slightly improved breakfast would really make this hotel a really nice package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown is Providence's newest hotel and we are the only hotel in downtown to offer a free hot breakfast buffet. We are located in the heart of the financial district and are in walking distance to Providence Performing Arts Center, Providence Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Center, Brown University, Johnson & Wales, RI School of Design, Providence Place Mall, Waterfire, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Providence Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Downtown Hotel Providence
- Hampton Inn Providence