“Great zoo”

Roger Williams Park Zoo
Ranked #3 of 117 things to do in Providence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Roger Williams Park Zoo, one of the nation's oldest, exhibits 100 rare and fascinating species from around the world including African elephant, giraffes, moon bears, snow leopards, flamingos, harbor seals, timber rattlesnakes and more in naturalistic enclosures. The Zoo also features seasonal activities, family-friendly education programs, and special evening events, like the nationally acclaimed Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, scheduled throughout the year. In addition, the Zoo participates in collaborative conservation and breeding programs to help ensure the future survival of threatened and endangered species both locally and around the world. Visit our website for more information.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Providence, Rhode Island
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great zoo”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Fun lots to see, pretty big if go through once you probably missed something , there is different ways to go around , to find new things.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Luvingthelord

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Family pass”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I have the family pass and find myself at the zoo often. I bring my young child, and friends all the time. Every time we go something interesting happens. We found a snapping turtle baby on the wetlands trail, the elephants were getting treats and the trainers were making them appear to smile, the monkeys threw things at my cousin, a bird in the monkey house kept flying at me. I've been to many zoos across the country, this one is very nice and a lot of fun.

3 Thank Christina M
Cumberland, Rhode Island
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great local zoo”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great place to spend a nice day outside enjoying New England. This is such a great zoo, they are constantly making additions to the park and changing attractions so it is a little different each time you go.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank SkateGirl314
North Scituate, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family zoo”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The new Hasbro Big Backyard is great for the young ones. Lots of interactive play. I saw that they will have a petting zoo this spring which will be amazing!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank LS1974
Naples, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“has come a long way !”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I love this zoo. we have been going there as long as I can remember. I have seen it in its hay day & saw it in the dump . so glad it is on it's way up . they have done a great job with it & I cant wait to go back in june of 2014

Visited March 2013