“Wonderful location”
Review of Estes Park KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Estes Park KOA
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We arrived around 4:30 ish set up our tent. I was at first a little disappointed. I prefer campgrounds with lots of shade. Our site was mostly out in the open but it turned out okay. I think I was cranky and hungry when we arrived. I will say that it's right by a road and between that and airplanes flying over I had trouble sleeping. It may have also been the altitude that caused me lack of sleep. The view was spectacular. We were told that at 7 there would be a 'train' ride of the kids and free marshmallow roasting. We asked the front desk for a quick place to eat. We ate at the Hungry Gringo right down the street. The food was good and the price was right. We came back and the kids (age 3 and 5) got to ride the train over and over. They loved it. It's a train that is attached to a KOA golf cart. I will try and post a picture. They played for at least an hour on the playground and loved it. The bathrooms were spotless and I loved that they had 3 private bathrooms with showers. We also did our laundry and the laundry room was super clean. They offered me free coffee while I was doing laundry (it was around 8:45 while they were cleaning up shop). The staff was super friendly. We had to skip the pancake breakfast because we were in a rush but I love that they offer this as an option. I'd say overall it was a great stay at the Estes Park KOA.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nikkirmo

Reviewed July 22, 2013

For anyone to complain that this is overpriced and that it doesn't have amenities.... I have to ask..then why did you CHOOSE that locale? Yes, they do not have a pool...but you are in Estes Park... there are plenty of places to swim! We knew what we were getting when we stayed, but we were passing through. I can't say enough about the staff and the cleanliness of the facilities! Yes, the sites are small, but they do a GREAT job working with what they have. The staff was extremely helpful, knowledgable, friendly and GRACIOUS!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank abostonaccent
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I loved the comfort and flexibility of staying in the Kottage. It had everything we needed. We actually checked out of a more expensive hotel to stay here because it was closer to the park. The staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. There is no pool, but the weather was a little too cool to swim. This was a much more comfortable choice for our family. The train (golf cart with little cars attached) that takes the little kids around is very cute. I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids or the camp host!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When a KOA doesn't have amenities the kids enjoy, it's overpriced-plain and simple. This KOA has no pool, and since the campground is situated on a gravel
hillside being beaten by the sun, this is not good. The playground is lame for anyone over 4. The layout is awkward. You have to go right through other people's microscopic (rv) sites to get to the store, laundry, or bathrooms. Your picnic table (again, at the rv sites) is about 5 feet away from your neighbors' which means you have to befriend them or pretend you don't see them while eating. And since there are no fire rings, I had to cook using my gas range in my pop-up, which really heats up the sleeping area that has already been baking all day in the sun. Also, the couple making the yummy breakfast were great, but other than that, grumpy staff.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Swiftpack
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I first came here 2 years ago and stayed the KOA Kabin. The people are very friendly and the facilities are very clean. The location is incredible for fishing and access to town. I've stayed at many KOAs, and this one is one of my favorites. I just had to come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Plan ur trip early and get the Kabin..... Don't have to waste gas on pulling a camper, and don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaptainBelly
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We've stayed at this KOA many times and it is in a very convenient location with a great view. We've always rented a cabin, which is a cost efficient way of staying with a nice warm shelter. If the campground is full, there can be a wait to get into the showers, but if you go at non-peak time it isn't bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shelley G
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times over the past 7 years. Each stay the service has been good, the cottage is clean and the bathroom are spotless. I haven't really stayed a long time walking around the camp ground or anything like that but if you are looking for a place close to national park and wanting to keep the price down then this is a place I would recommend.

Room Tip: I would say about 15 miles from the enterance of the national park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple