“Dirt cheap with million dollar views!!!”
Review of Estes Park KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Estes Park KOA
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I did not want to leave. The view from the front of my cabin was like living in a multi-million dollar home. There is a horse stable next door and you can pet the horses for free:) The ice cream social is fun. The store sells for less than the grocery store up the street. Lake Estes is across the street. I would recommend over camping at Rocky Mountain National Park. I camped there as well but KOA is what my son will remember from this trip.

Room Tip: Get a cabin!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaun P
epkoa, Owner at Estes Park KOA, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

While we like favorable reviews, this particular review seems to have been written by a VERY close friend and therefore biased. We are definitely not dirt cheap, but we do have million dollar views. We hope anyone reading this response will take the "Dirt Cheap" with a grain of salt (as it were) and check us out. All of us here work hard to provide a very positive camping experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Changed our reservation three times. Upon arrival with a big boat the staff was very kind and helped us with the boat. The cabin was clean and campground facilites very nice.Thank you,

Room Tip: The one room cabins are great for a smaller group. There are activities for the kids and a nice area...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dogcatfish
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff were friendly and welcoming and the park was well maintained. The toilets and showers were in separate blocks for men and women. We stayed in RV site 14 and there was an excellent wireless signal at our site.
Park is within 10 -15 mins walking distance of 2 restaurants, the Grumpy Gringo and Hunters Chop House.
We ate at both and had two excellent meals.
Rocky Mountain National Park is only a few miles away, just the other side of Estes Park.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaNickB
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the campsite for the last four years. This year we reserve the cabin a year in advance. We call'd 2 weeks ago when the fire started to cancel we were told the fire did not affect that area and there is no smoke. I told them we are bringing a small child and so we were coming up for the fireworks. At that time the fireworks were still on so we ask them if the fireworks cancelled if we could cancel at the last minute. They said that wouldn't be a problem and they put a note on our file. We found out that the fireworks are cancelled today. So we call to cancel and the owner answer the phone. He was very rude told us that he was going to charge us for the dayS we were supposed to be there. We are very nice and told him that we had stayed there the last four years and the reason they were coming . He was very rude and hung up on us. When we called back he was very rude said he didn't want to talk to us and you never come back to my campground again. I wouldn't recommend anybody camping here with the owners like that. That is the worst customer service ive ever dealt with in my entire life. Even to say we stay there for the last four years we will never be going back again I'd rather pay more money somewhere else then to deal with people like him. I'm very disappointed considering we are repeat customers that come every year at this time. If I returning customer is treated this way I can only imagine how they'd treat a new customer. I'm very sad by the treatment and I hope this helps people to know what kinda people they will be dealing with if you choose to stay there stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank destiny42307
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while trying out our new RV. Steve was gracious enough to help us first timers back in our camper. He stayed with my husband for about an hour going over everything in regards to our RV. The employees were extremely friendly and accomodating. Here are the Cons: The location is right off the highway and the campsites are right next to each other. You cannot have a campfire. The place is not fancy by any means. Pros: Friendly service, beautiful hiking trail right across the street. Short walk from downtown. Pancake Breakfast in the morning. Beautiful Views. We had a Great Time! I would suggest camping in RMNP if you would like the full Mountain experience. This is great for a place to park your RV and enjoy the sights.

Room Tip: ask to be at the higher level and an end site-better views
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We saw some mediocre reviews for the Estes Park KOA before we arrived, and frankly couldn't understand why once we stayed there. We had a very easy and friendly checkin experience, our 1-room cabin was very clean, close to the bathrooms and laundry facilty, and had a super nice deck area with amazing views. I don't know if I was lucky or what, but everytime I used the bathrooms/showers, they smelled fresh and looked like they had just been cleaned. Laundry facility also very clean. Close to downtown and convenient to RMNP. We have stayed at other KOAs in other areas, and this one so far has been the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We spent a night in our RV at this place and were very pleased with the facilities and location. From our site we had a nice view across the valley. Perfect: A free shuttle into town stops in front of the KOA. Everything was clean, the staff was helpful. We'll sure would come back if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family