Stanley Hotel
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$219
$180
BestWestern.com
Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$135
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Travelocity
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$138
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$140
2,834 results
All reviewsghost tourstephen kingcascades restaurantwhiskey barbeautiful hotelthe main hotelfourth floorhaunted roomghost huntersparanormal activityhaunted hotelscary maryconcert hallgreat historybucket listnight tourhotel tour
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Historic Stanley Hotel! Wow! Just like I imagine it while reading The Shining. The hotel is extremely authentic and unique. So far it is the best hotel I've ever stayed. It is totally worth the money and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheLittleBeeNYC
Jesse F, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband surprised me with a short get away on Christmas day. After a short drive from WY, we ended up at the Stanley Hotel. I was excited and the stay was great. The best part was Scary Mary. She loves what she does and it shows. She was a great historian and has a special gift. I am not a ghost skeptic but did not expect to experience anything unusual. About half way through the tour, my husband and I were lagging behind and finally caught up with the group, when Scary Mary announces, that the spirit she was feeling wanted to thank the nurse. She asks, looking around if there was a nurse in our group. My husband was a little spooked I think but it was awesome. I am indeed a nurse and there was no way that she or anyone else there would of known that. I loved the extra perk of the ghost experience and will stay again sometime. The rooms are small but well kept. The only thing that bothered me was the smoke detector in RM 1221was missing and you could see the wires. I filled out the card that is left in the room for such things but forgot to take it to the checkin desk on checkout. All in all, a great experience!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry T

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. Scary Mary is truly a pleasure to have here as a tour guide and I am glad you had great experience on her tour. Also, thanks for pointing out the smoke detector in that room so we can make sure to address it.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 230 at the Stanley Christmas night. When we arrived at the room it was a very uncomfortable 82 degrees. The front desk said they would send up an engineer while we had dinner at the Cascades. After dinner, they said they turned off the heat. The temperature never got below 73 degrees all night and that was with an open window. To make matters worse, my husband ended up in the bathroom all night as a result of something he ate at the Cascades restaurant. At checkout, we received a modest apology and the removal of the cost of the drink we had at the bar off of our bill. Given the miserable night we had due to their faulty heating system and poor hygiene in the restaurant, I really think they should have comped us the room. I couldn't wait to get out of there and will never return. Stay away from this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Pixie H
Jesse F, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay. Our kitchen is proud to boast the highest ratings of cleanliness on our state inspections and we are extremely careful in how our food is handled. Most food borne illnesses take a minimum of six hours to incubate.

I am happy to hear that the heat did get shut off and came down to a modest temperature of 73 degrees as the hotel is on one main heating system. The Stanley is a historic hotel and does run off base board heating so it is not direct control like most modern systems.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me jfreitas@stanleyhotel.com

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Right from the start..I was skeptical when we checked in. Very highly trafficked by Ghost Hunters at what seemed like a constant barrage of tour guides and flashes from cameras. Checking into a room in July/August that has no a/c was a bit of a concern following full days of multi-mile hiking in the mountains. All of this trepidation washed away within the first 24hrs! The staff in both the Hotel and Bar were excellent! With all of the travelers flowing through, within a day or two- the concierge, waitstaff and desk all greeted us by name. We literally felt at home after a day and thoroughly enjoyed both the Ghost and History tours during our stay. Guest rooms/suites and bathrooms are larger then most places we've stayed (HUGE in comparison to our recent European travels) with very nice finishes, very comfy mattresses and tons of "exploration space" available during your down time. We will definitely stay again during our next trip to Estes Park!

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank samuraiwildcat
Jesse F, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. I am very happy to hear we were able to overcome any skepticism about staying here and that you were able to enjoy yourselves. We look forward to having you back this coming summer!

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I first need to disclose that I am jaded by my romantic love of historic hotels... Can't help it. So when I see worn carpet edges, sagging ceilings or dated bathroom fixtures - I only smile. Not to say that's what you'll find at the Stanley. The exterior is indeed a bit gray around the edges... But the interior is extremely well maintained! Just beautiful lobbies and food and beverage outlets. Shoot-- any hotel with a Stanley Steamer in the lobby ain't all bad! I was so smitten that I returned for a drink and a bite at the bar later that evening. But BEWARE! The "wall O whiskey" is tempting, and one could get in big trouble here from the cool brands and wide variety. Alas, I succumbed to the FO Stanley - a cross between a Manhattan and a Sazerac. Some excellent mixed nuts to munch on with were Malaysian in flavor and spice. And the 'house smoked' turkey wrap - really is! I detest mediocre sandwiches- and this was fantastic. Rather excellent bar fare! The bartenders were cordial, friendly and knew their stuff. The mix of locals and visitors provided great conversation a leading to a much longer time in the Lounge than planned. No matter; as some would leave the bar to enjoy the ghost tour (another great story), newcomers slid in and the chatter continued. I for one can't wait to be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Michael R
Jesse F, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. Sounds like you had a great stay and really enjoyed the variety of food and drinks we offer at our Cascades Restaurant & Whiskey Bar.

We look forward to your return trip!

Happy Holidays!