“Stanley for Christmas !”
Review of Stanley Hotel

Stanley Hotel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Boulder, Colorado
“Stanley for Christmas !”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful, the surrounding areas are breathtaking. The service at the Hotel is very good and the Christmas dinner they serve is fantastic. My family and I had the entire presidential suite for Christmas and the staff went out of their way to make this a very memorable Christmas

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We were happy to have you and your family for the week! I am glad you were able to enjoy the Christmas tree! Hopefully, we will see you for another memorable vacation this year! Thank you so much for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
Hawaii
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Built in 1909 in Estes Park, Colorado, the rich history of this hotel of a bygone era is not only preserved but continue to serve those who wish to experience it. The drive up on US-34 or US-36 is fabulous. I drove up to Stanley Hotel via US-36 from Boulder and returned to Denver via US-34 and Loveland. US-34 is a more scenic route through the Big Thompson Canyon.

Room Tip: My preference would be to stay in a room situated in the main hotel rather than annex. Also US-34 wo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to our property! You are correct about the diifferent routes to take to the hotel; but both are beautiful drives. You'll have make the trek across the pond during the summer to enjoy the veranda and the great views!
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Stanley is a gorgeous piece of architecture. I have wanted to stay here since I was a little girl, and not because of it's haunted history. It's a stunning building with a lot of intricate detail everywhere from the bar and dining area, to the handle on the small closet in my bathroom.

The reason I gave the Stanley a 3 out of 5 is simply because they really do not do anything about making sure other guests aren't rowdy. I stayed Friday through early Sunday morning. Friday was okay, another guests loud snoring was annoying, but I was able to manage sleeping eventually. Saturday was another story. I had to be up at 2am on Sunday to make the drive back to Denver for my early am flight and was lucky to have gotten the two hours of sleep that I did. I called down to the front desk once, around 7:30 in the evening asking if there were other tours planned that evening which I told there were not. I politely told the lady on the other line that there were people running and screaming up and down the halls (fourth floor), to which she said she would send someone up. The noise quieted down a little, but picked right back up again around 10:30. It's atrocious what these people were doing, screaming "redrum, redrum" up and down the halls. Seriously people, grow up. I'm lucky I wasn't in a car accident on the way back to the airport, due to the lack of sleep I was able to get. Having paid over $400 for my one and a night half stay here, I expected much more of the Stanley.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying here during the week (Monday - Friday). Saturday even in the off season was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property, but disappointed to learn that there were unruly guests that affected your stay. We typically are very quiet during the winter months. I would like you to have an amazing visit with us again, and would ask that you reach out to me directly. Thank you again for your feedback.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in room 403 (one of the haunted rooms). The room cost us $400 for one night. I feel like we were ripped off. First, let me say, the ghost tour was awesome. The room on the other hand was a different story. First of all, the window was stuck open so the room was very cold. Secondly, the furniture was all made in China. It looked like they were all antiques, but they were just cheap copies. You would think that with a history such as this hotel has and for $400 a night, things would be a little more quality. As for the haunted side of things, all I can say here is that we left at 4am. I'm not much of a believer, but there was a negative vibe in that room I still can't explain.

Room Tip: ask to look at a room before you stay. This way you can make sure it's up to your standards for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, this certainly allows us to improve our service and product. I'd ask that you contact me directly so that we may discuss the opportunities that arose during your stay. Thank you again for your business.
Lorain, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

WOW, what a view, Great History and lots to do in the area. Close to Hiking and great shops in town. Free Transportation available. Plus the Ghost tours is a must. Once you stay you have to watch Dumb and Dumber the movie which was filmed there. Although no air conditioning we were quite comfortable in August with out it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hopefully we will see you again this summer! We appreciate your business and were happy to play your host! Dumb and Dumber is (in my humble opinion) a classic comedy, and worth the watch! Our dynamic bartenders dressed as Harry & Lloyd for our Shining Ball in October! Thank you again.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently we visited the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. We decided to stay and have lunch in the restaurant there. The staff were very friendly, the food was awesome and the atmosphere was beyond belief. We were visiting family in Colorado who took us there for a day. They have an older dog (a small jack russel) who has difficulty walking so sits in a doggy stroller. Although dogs were not actually allowed the restaurant allowed us in anyway because she was not walking around free.......this was amazing that they would do that for us and we appreciated it and will never forget the hospitality and service we were given.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Candu51
We were happy to play your host for one day, and glad you enjoyed the "northern hospitality"! Our restaurant staff is very accomodating and eager to please! Hopefully, you will make the trip across the pond for an extended time here in Estes Park! My good friend is Dutch, and he has a clever saying- "you ain't much if you ain't dutch." Thank you again for your business!
East Moline Il
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to the Stanley in mid-December. All of the Christmas decorations were up and the common areas were very pretty. We were on the floor where the child ghosts hang out.
The room is on the small side and the bed, though pretty to look at, wasn't all that comfortable.
I'm gonna tell you, I really didn't sleep well due to the ghosts. I heard children running up and down the halls in the middle of the night....were they real or ghosts, I didn't look outside to be sure.
The hotel loops The Shining on the TV all day--I thought that was pretty funny and added some fun to the stay.
I do recommend staying at the Stanley at least once since it is an Estes Park fixture.
The grounds are lovely and the views are wonderful. Just look out for the ghosts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple