“Wonderful relaxing visit”
Review of Stanley Hotel

Stanley Hotel
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a great time. The Service was great., we stayed in room 416 and it had great views from the windows. A few ghost visiting ,one turned off our bathroom light , and another shaking our bed at 1:30 in morning and waking us both up.Was a great time and we will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janeta47
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

I would be scared if my bed was shaking! Many people come for the paranormal experience and it sounds like you had a great one! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I spent three wonderful days at the Stanley Hotel Labor Day week 2012 in the main hotel in a superior king mountain view room that faces the front of the hotel. I wanted to come back to the Stanley over Thanksgiving 2012, have a great buffett and retire to our room. I have a 20 year old cat that needs daily meds, so I called to try make reservations at the Lodge next door. After reading your pet policy from the Stanley Hotel website it never metioned dogs only, no cats or I wouldn't have bothered even calling. I did have a question about what types of tubs are available at the Lodge facilities, so I called the Stanley Hotel's reservation number from the Stanleyt Hotel website. I first asked what rooms might have jacuzzi tubs like the one I had in the superior king room on my previous stay in the main hotel and would these type of rooms allow pets as I have a cat and I could not tell from the Stanley website what type of tubs were in the rooms at the Lodge. The reservationist said we dont take cats, anthing else. That was the end of the conversation. It was just rude. Whomever you are using for your booking, they are far too busy to tell you anything about your hotel. I had this same negative experience when I booked my Labor Day week stay. Get a different group or book it yourself. I liked the staff at your hotel when I got there, just not your booking service. As for your dog only policy, please update your website that you only cater to the furry friends of the canine variety. My cat is shaved just because it hard for an older pet to groom itself so it does not smell and does not shed. I never even got to discuss this with anyone from your hotel. Sorry that I was not able to spend Thanksgiving at your hotel. You can do better.

Room Tip: Pet policy caters to dogs only not a cat friendly hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank l90001l

Thank you for your feedback, although I am disappointed that our team was unable to answer your questions in an appropriate manner. We have used your comments as a training tool for our reservation staff, and further made our website more clear that we allow the canine breed. We would love to host you again in the future, please reach out to me directly. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My freinds and I stayed at the hotel because it is so close to Rocky Mt. National Forest. We were all fans of the movie but not the reason for our stay. The staff has a tour of the hotel every hour. It was interesting but again not a reason to stay there. We were there in October so many of the guests were superfans. Many costumes and odd people around. If you have the chance I would recomend the hotel but not because of the movie just an added bonus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay, and I am thrilled that you had a great time! We do enjoy many superfans here, unfortunately you missed our Shining Ball weekend, because there are many exotic and creative superfans! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I can't tell if this is a hotel or a ghost theme park, and that lack of focus detracts from the quality of the hotel stay. We stayed in the adjacent Stanley Lodge, premium prices but probably worth it based on what I saw of the main building. Our room was quite nice, but it wasn't up to luxury hotel standards. There was no air conditioning, and the room overlooked the main parking lot.

During the day the property is overrun with tourists taking ghost tours or looking around the fantastic lobby. The setting on top of a hill is also spectacular, but it is too bad that the rooms and service don't live up to the expectations.

Continental breakfast was included in the rate, and it was quite nice except for one problem. There were wide selection of fresh berries, homemade pastries, breads, cereals, and other fresh items that exceeded expeactations. The problem was that they didn't have non-fat milk. When I asked, I was told by the attendant that they don't have it. I persisted, and she proceeded to argue with me. Finally, she agreed to get some from the main hotel. For a full service luxury property, this whole exchange was ridiculous and kind of ruined the stay.

Likewise, my wife forgot hairspray, and when I called the desk I was told I could drive to Safeway and buy some.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, stay in the adjacent Lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit, it is disappointing to hear that we fell below your expectations with our service, but I have shared your feedback appropriately with our staff. Yes, we do have many external guests that do tours and view our property, and for a more quiet and relaxed stay the Lodge is perfect to get away from that. Thank you again for providing your constructive criticism as it helps us to continually improve, and further, thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Stanley Hotel is a place I would highly recommend for anyone (single, married or family) if you were looking for a piece of the past with modern accommodations. I went there for a short get away the week of my Birthday Oct 7-11th and it was fantastic.

This hotel is not only surrounded by God's creation of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, wildlife, outdoor activities for one to explore, but it also offers a "welcome home mentality" of being very nostalgic, great hospitality by all staff and even the guest. I've traveled worldwide and appreciated the five star accommodations and I can say this hotel was able to deliver all my set expectation. In addition, whether you are traveling alone or not, it's amazing the people you meet from either within the wonderful state of Colorado, across the good old USA, but also around the world. Everyone I met were very cordial, which even carries more deep meaning to the relaxing atmosphere this hotel must bring out in people.

I want to thank all the staff at the hotel, the hotel receptionist were very helpful in extending my stay, and had a lot of recommendations of events; such as; horse back riding at the National Park Gateway Stables; drive/hiking through the Rocky Mountains, spa, local shopping, and of course ghost tours, all of which I did and rate each of them a 5 star too. The Bell Hop service was fabulous; I did not have to worry about my luggage, even during room changes. Most of all I want to thank the Restaurant Staff and Bar Tenders, as they helped me feel very relaxed with great service and good laughter and making my Birthday extra special.

Overall, if you’re looking for a unique experience and want to take in the hospitality of having a great time, I would recommend The Stanley Hotel. You never know what you might experience day or night.... it’s a legendary hotel that leaves an everlasting impression.

Angie

Room Tip: I had room 236 (large clean King Bed) my first 3 nights, which faces the front and directly across f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Matthew_Lauzon, Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Wow! Nothing makes me more proud to hear of an experience similar to yours while you were at our property! We try very hard to deliver exceptional service and am thrilled that you were able to experience across all facets of our property! Hopefully, we get to play your host again in the future! Thank you so much for your business!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My sister and I stayed here when looking for a wedding venue. The hotel is lovely and historic. However, for the $300 + a night you will pay to stay here they are missing out on the little things that make that price worth paying. There were no robes in the room. We forgot razor and when we got one at the front desk, it was the worst, cheapest one I have ever gotten even from a low end hotel chain. The ghost stuff in intriguing. However, the one restaurant they have is very expensive for the quality and there is no reasonable option for food on site unless you just want a muffin or coffee. So I am glad we had the experience but won't stay again. I don't mind paying a lot for hotel rooms, but I want the extras to go with the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit, and we appreciate the time to provide your constructive feedback. I am glad you had an enjoyable time and your comments regarding the amenities are certainly helpful. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Most folks who come to the Stanley are interested in the history and ghost stories and those people will not be disappointed. If you are looking for modern facilities, smooth service, and fancy five star amenities, you are in the wrong spot. The Stanley purposely does not update the room fixtures or furniture, the area carpets are worn and the rooms are drafty. This all contributes to the weird creepy feeling that comes over you as you turn off the bad lighting to go to bed at night. The perks are a gorgeous location in the Rockies and an incredible fun story to tell all your friends when you come home!

Room Tip: Friends who have stayed at the Stanley agree with us - do not expect to get a good nights rest.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it helps us continually improve our product and service. We do have an amazing setting with the Rockies surrounding us, and hope you have fond memories that you have shared with your friends! Thank you again for your business.