I am writing on behalf of myself and my partner to notify every one of the disgraceful level of service we met across all sections of The Stanley during our visit . Below I have listed the parts of our experience that we found unsatisfactory and the parts that we are formally complaining about.
· Upon arrival, at check-in there was no staff member on hand to carry our bags and show us to our room.
· The hall-way to the manor wing, where we were staying; was dusty, run-down and bordering on disrepair.
· All of our issues listed in this review were brought to the attention of the front-desk staff at check-out (approximately noon the next day). The staff member took our contact details and agreed to call us to discuss our grievances further. No call was ever received.
· In our hotel room we found a hair in the shower which should have been cleaned between the previous guests and ourselves.
· My partner was bitten by insects in the bed indicating that the bed clothes had not been properly washed.
· There was no proper air-conditioning in the room which is not acceptable for a modern hotel charging the rates The Stanley does.
The Hotel Restaurant
· Upon arrival to the restaurant beyond the lobby we were ask to wait at the bar while the greeter/supervisor prepared out table. At the bar; the barman stood talking with another patron beside us for a five minutes without even recognising that we were there waiting to be served.
· When the table was ready the greeter/supervisor approached us and said; “You’re table is ready. When you have closed out your tab; come find me”.
o Firstly, this is the first restaurant or hotel that I have come across that could not transfer the cost of the drinks to the table bill when requested to do so.
o Secondly, we were a bit offended that the greeter did not wait for a few seconds to show us to our table.
o Thirdly, the lady said “come find me”. Guests do not chase staff; staff chases guests.
· We sat and ordered dinner. Prior to food arriving we were presented with a bread bowl which is always welcome. We appreciate that we cannot complain in the formal sense about the bread. However, sending a little hot dog soft bread roll out in a neatly folded napkin while harmless and funny does highlight the amateur streak to the operation.
· We ordered the filet of beef and the chicken. The chicken served was slightly below undercooked and close to raw. Moreover, the chicken was sliced before being plated which means that someone in your kitchen held the chicken, ran a knife through it and saw inside the cut yet still sent it to the table. This is simply unacceptable. It is not just deplorable hospitality but it is dangerous to the health of guests.
· For dessert we ordered the chocolate and ice-cream in which the brownie was served straight out of the freezer. While it may have been a serving choice for the dessert chef; it is more likely laziness in not heating the brownie.
Please note that between us as a couple; we have extensive work experience in the hospitality sector and on the whole found The Stanley to fall a long way short of both domestic and international industry standards. I would definitely pass on this mutton dressed as lamb of a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanley Hotel is a luxurious historic landmark hotel in a spectacular mountain-view location, offering old-world charm matched with the latest of modern amenities. Take a ghosts and history tour... Enjoy free wireless Internet access throughout the property... Indulge in our full-service spa... Experience Cascades Restaurant... Savor a Starbucks’ Coffee... Or just relax and enjoy the view from your luxurious room, suite or private villa! Come, experience The Stanley Hotel: 7,500 feet above the ordinary in beautiful Estes Park, an hour from Denver and minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park.The Stanley Hotel is a luxurious historic landmark hotel in a spectacular mountain-view location, offering old-world charm matched with the latest of modern amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stanley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanley Estes Park
- Stanley Hotel Colorado
- Stanley Hotel Estes Park Colorado