“A slice of heaven!”
Review of Ponderosa Lodge

Ponderosa Lodge
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed one night only but was the best part of our three week vacation. The rooms are a little small but rustic and cozy. The river is literally just steps from the deck and the sounds of the river combined with the wooded setting made it the most relaxing stay. I will definaty stay there again if I'm in Estes park.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Lzfarmgirl
There are newer reviews for Ponderosa Lodge

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The room was so clean and yes, outdated, but we didn't research everything about estes park to stay in the room the entire trip. Wanted a clean bed, clean towels, a mini kitchen and great scenery. We got that here. Opened the back door to hear the river and one step out and your looking at it. Kids were in heaven. Close to downtown, too. Josh was awesome to work with. We will stay here every time we come back.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Elyssa H
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We started with just 2 nights but as soon as we arrived we fell in Love with the Ponderosa Lodge. Josh and his staff were very friendly and the grounds and rooms were well kept and very clean!!! If you wanted a tip on food or ideas for what to do and see they gave you excellent ideas! We ended up cancelling our next two nights reservations at another hotel and ended up staying 4 nights total at the Ponderosa with Josh and his staff always ready to help or advise us! I can still picture and hear the river which flowed right below our room. If our son wasn't getting married in Denver we would have stayed longer. We will definitely return for a longer stay and have already recommended the Ponderosa to guests at our sons wedding as well as friends!!! If your going to Estes Park the Pondersosa Lodge is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: If your going to Estes Park the Ponderosa Lodge is definitely the place to stay!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank eg28294
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was amazed how uninterested the Manager and Owner was in their investment. The Flood of 2013 must have left them short on cash and interest in the cabins. Carpet ..Dirty
Refrigerator was still filled with half eaten food. Trash bins were not emptied and had prescription boxed from previous guests still in bin... Handles were missing from shower..I feel bad giving this review as I believe they are struggling to get some positive cash flow, but their price was quite high for the lack of cleanliness and quality..Don't believe the Web site..Sub standard..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank CIAHypnosis
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have stayed at the lodge three times and always a nice time. The rooms are spacious, clean and I love hearing the sound of the stream right outside your room. The hot tub sits right along the stream and is very relaxing. Every room we have stayed in has had a fire place, table,kitchenette and balcony over looking the stream. A few minutes from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, with plenty to do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This past September, my family was displaced from our home, due to the flooding, in Estes Park. Upon seeking temporary housing, I learned that Ponderosa Lodge, at 1820 Fall River Road, in Estes Park, was offering relief to victims of the disaster. I approached the management, of Ponderosa Lodge to inquire about accommodations for my wife, three kids and myself. The response that I received was overwhelmingly warm, supportive and sincere. The manager, Josh, immediately found two rooms that were spacious and comfortable, for my family. He made it a priority to see that we experienced no further inconvenience or difficulty, with regard to housing, as a result of the flooding. After we were settled, Josh provided me with a great deal of information, regarding local, state and federal relief efforts, being conducted in the community. He went far beyond his responsibilities, as a manager, to see that our needs were met. For five days, we stayed in two rooms that were nicely appointed with furniture and decor that exceeded typical lodging accommodations. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The kitchenette had everything that we needed to prepare meals for the five of us. The beds were large and comfortable. If you're visiting, from out of town, you'll appreciate the proximity of the lodge, in relation to the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, just a couple of miles away. At the end of the week, our bill was covered by one of the relief agencies that Josh had referred us to. I'm not sure what the difference was but I know that the agency paid the Ponderosa less than their normal rate. Still, the management and staff treated us like royalty! For clean, comfortable accommodations and genuinely good people, I cn not recommend the Ponderosa Lodge highly enough! Oh yeah, the hot tub sits along side of the river and provides yet another amenity that sets this property apart. Give them a try. You'll be glad that you did! John A.

Room Tip: Try to get as close to the hot tub as possible!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John A
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Ponderosa Lodge shares easy access to Rocky Mountain National Park and provides a quiet, serene atmosphere. You can enjoy the feeling of the outdoors by listening to the river and watching the wildlife. The property is clean and a nice place to stay in the Estes Park area. Enjoy your stay!

Lori H.