“Awesome time, great place, great people!!”

Murphy's River Lodge
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Loveland, Colorado
“Awesome time, great place, great people!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Wanted to put in a real positive plug for the wonderful time I spent this week at Murphy's River Lodge in Estes Park. Big kudos to the great management husband/wife team of Troy and Shelley. Make sure you say "hi" as they really go all out to make your stay memorable an a pleasure. Really enjoyed my second-story room with the balcony, right on the river and the tremedously comfortable bed. I also really enjoyed being able to walk directly into the downtown located a little over a block to the East. I have always had to look for parking while visiting Estes and being this close w/o having to look for parking was an unexpected pleasure. Again, thanks Troy and Shelley for a wonderful, relaxing and productive time in your town. We will definately be back and also pass the word about your great lodge.

R. G. E.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This was my first time visiting Estes Park and my stay at Murphy's River Lodge was the perfect welcome! The location couldn't be any more ideal – just a short walk into town to all of the shops, restaurants and nightlife. After enjoying the essence of town I was able to go back to my room and feel completely at home!
Not only are the rooms spacious and cozy but quality of the mattress and pillows are impeccable! The pillows in the room varied in firmness from soft, medium to firm-sure to fit everyone's needs! After a great night’s rest we woke up to the beautiful scenery and the river right outside off our room’s balcony!
The charm of Murphy's River Lodge is unlike any other, I am already looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had a terrific weekend here. The room was beautifully appointed. The beds were very comfortable. We even had the relaxing sound of Fall River trickling by. The breakfast room was clean, sunny, and comfortable with a nice of view of surrounding mountains. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Murpy's River Lodge for valntines day. It was wonderful!!. The folks there made us feel right at home. The view from our room was wonderful you could see and hear the river, The sound of the river was so conforting. We saw a heard of Elk right across the road of the hotel. We had a great time and we highly recommend it to all of our friends. We hope to stay there for are anniversary this summer. Thank you

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I make the 3 hour trip from Colorado Springs to Estes Park at least 4-5 times a year if possible. We've stayed at many different places but I have to say this is definitely one of the best. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious, clean and just very nice overall. The couple at the front desk were very friendly and worked to accommodate our needs even when there was a problem with our original room reservation. Unfortunately, the pool area was under construction during our stay but we plan to go back in the future to take advantage of that as well. Within minutes of RMNP and walking distance of downtown Estes, it's the perfect location to enjoy everything that this wonderful area has to offer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

IMMACULATE! Clean,quiet and inviting environment. Accessible to Rocky Mountain National park in about 3 minutes. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. I was well rested! The rooms are spacious with flat screen T.V's. I had great cell phone reception. I plan on returning soon!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The family and I tend to stay at the Stanley hotel due to its worldwide notarity, but when Murphys River Lodge opened, we had to give them a shot. Boy are we glad we did! The beds are amazing, and the wife slept better than ever before. i had to check the mattress tag so I can buy the same one for the house! The location could not be better, and you are steps from everything. The front desk was very helpful with whatever we asked of them. The internet worked great, i was able to sneak in some emails while the family wasnt looking :-). We ended up there during the valentines day holiday and they were all booked up. Glad we reserved early.

You can't go wrong with this place. I won't be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family