We stayed at this property from July 5 through July 11, 2014. It came highly recommended and for the most part we were not disappointed. The only complaint we had, and this was minor considering the wonderful climate at 7500 feet, was that the AC unit was somewhat undersized for the nice large room we had. The king bed, lower floor room was spacious and comfortable. Immediately outside the back door was a small deck with table and chairs. 10 feet further on, the Fall River flowed right by our unit. At night you can open the windows and listen to the river flow lull you to sleep. I would recommend the lower units for this reason alone! The bath was conveniently outfitted with soap dispenser at sink as well as shampoo dispenser in shower. We do wish that the water pressure and temperature regulation of the shower was more uniform. Once, the temperature changed to ice-cold for 15 seconds or so! Brrr! I imagine the water heater is somewhat undersized for the number of rooms that it served. The breakfast included in the room rate was very nice. No hot items, but otherwise well stocked with a variety of bagels, English muffins, pastries, fruit, hard boiled eggs, cold cereals, milk, yogurt and juice. The coffee was not fresh brewed but they used an instant dispenser. Location is extremely convenient at the west end of the downtown area. You can walk to any of the downtown shops and restaurants in 10 minutes or less but there is also a convenient shuttle that has a stop right at the lodge. Additionally, a five minute drive takes you to the Estes Park entrance to Rocky Mt, National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge