Murphy's River Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Haber Motel(Estes Park)
View Hotel
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Peak To Peak Lodge(Estes Park)
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)
1,311 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastbig chairindoor pool and hot tubwalking distance to downtownhard boiled eggsyogurtgreat place to stayking bedthe breakfast areadvd playercomfortable roomdefinitely stay here againfull kitchensaw elkgreat roomfront officeto rocky mountain national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my second visit to Estes Park and Murphy's River Lodge and I was just as pleased this visit as my last. The staff is always so helpful, kind and caring. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. They have refridgerator, coffee maker, blow dryer in the room. Loretta and Bruce are AWESOME and go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is offered everyday with a multitude of choices (coffee, juices,bagels, muffins, hot and cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, fruit..etc.) The beds are comfortable the linens are clean and of good quality. It's just a short ride to the park and within walking distance to shopping in town. Great location, great staff, great lodge!! I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Murphy's River Lodge. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The location is perfect - just a couple of blocks walk to the main shopping/dining area of Estes Park, and just up the road from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. I would definitely recommend a visit here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you are judging this based on motel quality I would say this is absolutely above average. We were in the double queen value room by the road so I can only comment on that room as they do have nicer rooms. The positives were: even though we were by the road I heard no road noise at all, there were ample plugs available but one did not work, the room was HUGE…lots of space, 2 beds, a couch, a work desk and a medium size refrigerator and microwave, large flat screen TV, very clean and nice linens on the bed, free continental breakfast was very nice and the guy who was caring for it was very informative and nice to talk to. It was your basics…pastries, bagels, milk, cereal, OJ…but was filling and quite adequate. Negatives for me: the bed was uncomfortable. It was very hard and both my friend and I (in separate beds) woke up with bad backs so it wasn’t just me. It’s actually the one thing that turned me off to rebooking. Oddities and things to watch for: If you want a river view make sure you book one. You can walk down to the river if you don’t have one but I felt like I was intruding on the space of the people who had river front rooms. The thermostat in our room was behind the TV and we could not find it the first night and it was pretty cold but once we found it the room headed quite nicely. The bathroom and shower area were separate which I can see might be an advantage to a family but I found it made both rooms very small and cramped. If you need space for toiletries (the sink area is very small) you can put them under the sink which seemed clean and also the shower had a lot of hand rails (it was an ADA room I think) and we put shampoo etc on the bars. Also they do not have separate shower amenities like shampoo. It is provided in a pump on the wall so if you like shampoo in bottles or a real bar of soap (not bath gel in a pump) make sure you bring some with you. Overall the staff was very nice and the property was well maintained and clean. The location is good and I would say you could walk into town if you wanted to. It’s a short drive to the shops. It was right off the road but it was very quiet. Be aware it is more of a higher class motel and not a resort and I think you won’t be disappointed. Free wireless was nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It's unusual for me to stay any place but chain hotels, and so I wasn't certain about this place, but we ended up liking it very much! Rooms were spacious, clean, and nicely updated. The location was fantastic because it was an easy walk into the downtown area so we didn't have to worry about parking. I think the price was reasonable for the area. The staff was extremely helpful anytime I had a question. They had a whole wall of free DVDs to check out (with a good selection for kids), and we ended up using that each night. The breakfast had a good variety of options, and the breakfast room was large enough to seat a lot of people. The rooms are 100% smoke free, so we didn't have to worry about getting a room that smelled like smoke. One reason I booked here was the indoor pool, though we didn't actually end up using it. I liked that the soap and shampoo are all in large dispensers so they aren't wasting all those little bottles like most hotels do. The only minor issue was that noise did seem to travel a bit and we could hear people in the next room over. The main source seemed to be from the adjoining door, so not sure if that could be made a little more soundproof? Anyway, it wasn't too much of an issue for us but might be a problem for a super light sleeper who needs complete silence. If we are back in the area we would be very likely to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had booked a room above the office but the desk attendent upgraded us to a riverside room at no additional charge. The room was pleasant but a bit odd with the small sink actually located in the sleep quarters. Bed was comfortable and pillows excellent. Was lulled to sleep each of three evenings by the sound of the river meandering past. Houskeeping was a bit spotty missing several things daily but not a huge issue. The motel is actually in a perfect location about 2 blocks and easy walking distance from downtown and all it's bar and restaurant options. Did not use the pool but several familys with children seemed to be enjoying themselves. Only used the continental breakfast on our final day since we were typically in the park at first light. That was a somewhat souring event since the owner or his breakfast set-up person seemed to share his rather ignorant political views in a running dialog with the CNN host. Kind of strange that anyone in the hospitality industry would openly spout their political views understanding that 50% of the population is going to disagree or hold an opposing viewpoint. Either way, would book her again since the location is absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple