If you are judging this based on motel quality I would say this is absolutely above average. We were in the double queen value room by the road so I can only comment on that room as they do have nicer rooms. The positives were: even though we were by the road I heard no road noise at all, there were ample plugs available but one did not work, the room was HUGE…lots of space, 2 beds, a couch, a work desk and a medium size refrigerator and microwave, large flat screen TV, very clean and nice linens on the bed, free continental breakfast was very nice and the guy who was caring for it was very informative and nice to talk to. It was your basics…pastries, bagels, milk, cereal, OJ…but was filling and quite adequate. Negatives for me: the bed was uncomfortable. It was very hard and both my friend and I (in separate beds) woke up with bad backs so it wasn’t just me. It’s actually the one thing that turned me off to rebooking. Oddities and things to watch for: If you want a river view make sure you book one. You can walk down to the river if you don’t have one but I felt like I was intruding on the space of the people who had river front rooms. The thermostat in our room was behind the TV and we could not find it the first night and it was pretty cold but once we found it the room headed quite nicely. The bathroom and shower area were separate which I can see might be an advantage to a family but I found it made both rooms very small and cramped. If you need space for toiletries (the sink area is very small) you can put them under the sink which seemed clean and also the shower had a lot of hand rails (it was an ADA room I think) and we put shampoo etc on the bars. Also they do not have separate shower amenities like shampoo. It is provided in a pump on the wall so if you like shampoo in bottles or a real bar of soap (not bath gel in a pump) make sure you bring some with you. Overall the staff was very nice and the property was well maintained and clean. The location is good and I would say you could walk into town if you wanted to. It’s a short drive to the shops. It was right off the road but it was very quiet. Be aware it is more of a higher class motel and not a resort and I think you won’t be disappointed. Free wireless was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge