I stayed in this hotel during the 4th of July weekend with my boyfriend. I was in a wedding so there was no choice in not going here for this particular weekend. The location of the hotel is a couple blocks away from the main touristy strip in Estes Park, which was convient to find a website for a quick yummy lunch before running off to the next wedding commitment. The rooms are really nice and very true to the pictures that are posted on the Expedia website. The rooms (at least the standard king room we stayed in) was very large, had a very comfy bed and a flat screen tv that was a decent size. There is a river that runs right next the hotel, which provides a nice peaceful sound to fall asleep to with the windows open at night. There is A/C in the hotel, but windows in the bedroom and bathroom opened to provide a nice breeze. It also had a mini-fridge and microwave. There was also a free breakfest that we ate at once. The breakfest consisted of cereal, toast, bagles, bananas, apples, milk, juice and coffee. There were tea bags, but I couldn't find any hot water. So basically, the breakfest wasn't anything special, but works for a quick bit in the morning. There is a swimming pool, but I didn't even look at it, so I have no opinion of it, but it was inside. There was also some grills on the property and some nice benches under the shade of trees, which could provide a nice place to relax.
The room was a little pricey for what you get, but it was the 4th of July weekend so there weren't any screamin' deals. It was about $300 total for 2 nights, so it isn't cheap. This hotel fell into the mid-range for prices. I typically never go for the cheapest hotels and tend to go for those in the middle. There was a two night minimum stay, which worked out okay for me since that is how many nights I needed any ways. I would recommend this hotel, but I would avoid going to Estes Park during the 4th of July if you can avoid it...tons of tourist and awful traffic! I would go as far as saying worse than Breckenridge, Colorado (which I leave close to).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge