“Reserved reservations not honored”
Review of Wildwood Inn

and 1 more site!
Wildwood Inn
wellington,co
“Reserved reservations not honored”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked a room with them well in advance only to find out that they did not honor this and when I spoke to customer service they were extremely rude. No compensation no apologies just a "well thats just how it is!" I would not recommend this place at all, look else where!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KrossB
Cindyyl, JilLayne Anderson, Innkeeper at Wildwood Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
The reservation was not a confirmed reservation. She was contacted by phone to call us by a certain date and time regarding the reservation REQUEST because we had questions about the request before we would finalize it and she never did. We were never rude about it we simply told her it was not processed and why and asked her if she wanted to book something while she was on the phone with us and she declined to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We've been staying at Wildwood Inn during our annual trip to Estes Park for the last 7 years. The property is well maintained with very nice accomodations. The staff is friendly and the one time we needed maintenance to address something, they were at our room within 5 minutes. Thank you and see you next year.

Room Tip: Call rather than book on line. They can give you a better description of the room and locations
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sylvia, KS
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in a Cascade Suite last week. We had made the reservation earlier in the spring and had to book for 5 nights to assure confirmation of the stay. We would rather not be obligated for a 5 night stay when booking. Can't this requirement be confirmed with a credit card and deposit without booking for 5 nights?? We like to stay down on the river and know those suites are popular and we like Wildwood but would like the option to book for our individual needs.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in the Mountain View suite. It had a huge living room and dining room, and a fully stocked kitchen. The deck was the best part and we could see elk in the afternoon on the slope facing the deck. The bed was your typical hotel double bed - not super comfy and I could feel each time my husband moved during the night. There were a few other quirky features to the room, but I think it was simply the fact that no one told them about the few items needing repair. It was quiet, safe, and spacious. All in all, great views, comfy room, and an incredibly friendly staff. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nimen_hao
Grimes, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We did not have a reservation and pulled in off the road looking for a room. We think we struck it lucky. What a room with a view. We could here the elk bugeling up and down the valley. The staff is awesome, very knowledgable and had very good suggestions for dining and activities in the area. The location is very good for getting into the park and it's just a short trip back to town. We will definetly be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I submitted a reservation request (their site's online booking is slightly different from regular hotel booking sites - they first take a reservation request where you have to give first and second preference for the type of room and then someone reviews your request and approves or denies your request the following day) and next day got a call from them that they had confirmed my second preference since first was not available. They also emailed me a confirmation. When I looked at the confirmation, I noticed that the rate they confirmed me for was higher than what I had seen on their website when I submitted the reservation request. So I called them to check on that and I was told their website is not updated. When I asked if they would match the price since it was not my mistake what they showed on their website, they said no. So I asked if I can speak to the manager. Then this lady "Cindy" came on the phone and very rudely told me that she is going to go ahead and cancel my reservation and put the phone down without listening to a word I was saying. When I called back, she was rude again and said they gave me an explanation for why the price is higher than what is on the website (they added ac to the unit) and the website team has not yet updated the site and since I was not ok with explanation and wanted to speak to the manager about honoring the price that I was quoted on their site, she was not ok with me and did not want to keep my reservation and hence she is cancelling it and put the phone down again before I could say a word. I was shocked as to why she was behaving like this when I was being extremely polite and only referring to what I had seen on their website and calling because the pricing on their site didn't match to the price that they were going to charge me. I am not sure what warranted for the extreme behavior and the rude treatment I received. This is just not right customer service. If they have to say something, they can easily communicate without indulging in rude behavior and hanging the phone up when the guest is still talking. Making the guest feel so horrible for just asking a question about a discrepancy (which the guest has no hand in causing) and hanging the phone up while the guest is talking is not justified.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Politeness101
Peabody
Reviewed September 24, 2012

In my travel experiences web-sites do a great job of making places look much better than they are no matter whether they are good or bad. In this case beleive what you see and so much more. We spent three beautiful nights in the top floor Jewel Studio and to say it was awesome as well as the staff would be an understatement. If you prefer a fast paced resort/hotel with lots of activities this might not be the place for you...However, if you want peace, cleanliness, the outdoors and an amazing view this is the place for you!

As they state, if you want daily housekeeping you must pay extra for it, but they provide everything you need to just relax and enjoy your amazing surroundings. We so enjoyed sitting in the hot-tub in the morning and evening gazing at the mountains or star filled sky. The bed was very comfortable and the gas fireplace very warming. As far as I could tell the best outdoor place to stay in Estes Park right at the foot of the Rocky Mountain Park.

Room Tip: Try a tree top Jewel Studio if you are just a couple the views are amazing the the studio so romanti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple